On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Monday, April 11, 2016

We Are Family

We have been receiving some lovely, gentle and very welcome April showers this morning.



The weekend was quiet and ordinary. Just the two of us. Quiet. Ordinary. Those are good things, right?

Yesterday was Happy Siblings Day. Of course I have to say how blessed I am to have the brother and sister that God blessed me with. And, of course, I have to post a few pics of us for old times' sake and my photo journal.

Two sisters.

Welcome, baby brother.

I'll never understand those Toni perms.

Recuperating from vacation


This is cute, but it was much, much
cuter when he dressed as a shepherd and
guarded Baby Jesus (baby doll) in the manger (magazine rack). 

Oh mercy. Those awkward, growing up years.


"Sunrise, sunset
Swiftly go the years.
One season following another,
laden with happiness and tears."



And speaking of family trees, others become part of the family tree and voila, you have new siblings.

 Sister with husband Don

Brother with wife, Susan

Sometimes you become a branch on someone else's family tree. It especially blesses me that when one of our grandsons had a school project about the family tree, I was included!

Yessirreee!
There I am.
Right smack dab in the middle.
Thank you, Noah.



6 comments:

Jill said...

What a sweet post! Love all the pictures :-) Have a lovely day!

Blessings
,Jill

Visits With Mary said...

Beautiful family! I had a few of those Toni perms in my young life too! Do you remember the Toni dolls? I had one and remember perming her hair. Enjoyed your pictures, have a great day!

shortybear said...

sweet pictures

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Thank you for sharing your family photos.

Linda Kay said...

Adorable photos .... remind me of some I have as well.

Terri D said...

I love seeing old family photos. It was a different time and best shown in black and white, I think!