On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Monday, April 11, 2016

Blue Monday

Linking up today with Backyard Neighbor for a Blue Monday!

Blue happens to be one of my very favorite colors.

Love seeing a beautiful blue sky on a sunny day 
as I look up through the branches of a tree in bloom.

There is a big blue sky
right behind those puffy clouds.

Deep blue ocean

 Blue plumbago blooming on my back porch.

 Hydrangeas at the Arboretum

 One of the Chihuly Blown Glass Exhibitions
at the Dallas Arboretum.

To me, blue is a happy color, a peaceful color and I'm not sure how it came to be attached to sad, feeling blue. So I googled it, and since I don't believe everything I read on the Internet, decided to leave it alone. I found several possible answers, interesting thoughts, but I don't think anyone really knows for sure. Both sky and ocean are so vast and blue, I think God must like it, too.

10 comments:

shortybear said...

nice blues

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Those are beautiful photos and I love a blue sky and I love clouds too!

Linda Kay said...

All beautiful blues. My hubby is planting plumbago plants right now!

Annsterw said...

Beautiful Monday color!!! I love bright blue skies and fluffy white clouds! My very favorite! Happy Monday!

Claire said...

Blue is such a lovely colour, beautiful pictures :)

Susie said...

Love those pretty blue skies , Nonnie. I like blue flowers too. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

Arlene G said...

I am with you...Blue is a happy color to me!! Thanks for dropping by Nanaland today. I love meeting new bloggers!!

Jeanne said...

Hi Nonnie, Thank you for joining Blue Monday today. Your photos are all lovely. I have always loved a photo looking up at a flowering or Fall tree. so pretty. The Blue sky takes on a whole new look.

Happy Blue Monday.
xo,
Jeanne

Jeannie Marie said...

Yes, I love blue as well. I have a Plumbago that does not bloom very well, but I treasure each blue blossom. I also love Hydrangea although mine were always pink. Can't have them here in Florida now. The ones blooming in North Carolina are the bluest blooms I have ever seen. I watch for them every year when I go north.

Terri D said...

I always love Chihuly's outdoor pieces! Beautiful blues!!