On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Saturday, April 30, 2016

Saturday 9: Best Day of Your Life


Saturday:9 American Authors


Thanks to Samantha, over at Saturday:9, for yet another interesting meme for us! Link up and join the fun on this last day of April.

Best Day of My Life




Welcome to Saturday 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme! 

Saturday 9: Best Day of My Life (2013)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

I have never heard this song before.

1) This song begins by mentioning clouds. Do you see clouds in the sky this fine Saturday?

The entire sky is overcast. 

2) Lead singer Zac Barnett sings that, "Everything is looking up." What are you looking forward to today?

Looking forward to seeing what the day holds. Maybe some visits from grandkids, going to church, seeing friends, doing some reading, or just a lazy day. 

Looks like this sweet boy will be with us today and tonight!

3) 2016 is not yet half over, but what's been your best day so far this year?

I really cannot say for sure. So far the year has been a good one. I did enjoy immensely the days on our cruise with the Gaithers. 

4) The members of the group, American Authors, met in college. When is the last time you heard from a school chum? Do you know them from grammar school, high school or college?

Thanks to Facebook, I hear from classmates on a daily basis. The last time I saw one in person was a few weeks ago when I met an old friend from high school for lunch. 

5) One of the all-time best-selling American authors is romance writer Danielle Steele. She's been writing for more than 40 years and has sold more than 800 million books. Have you read any of her work?

I think I may have read one of her books many years ago, but cannot remember anything about it, including the title. 

6) Have you ever dreamed of being an author?

Oh, sometimes I have wished I could write a book, but it isn't something I really dream about. The next best thing for me was my dream to work for an author, which did happen and I worked for her for ten years. She allowed me to do research and have input in her books. 

June Hunt, Author
A more sincere and real, kind and compassionate woman
you will be hard pressed to find than June. ... 
and loads of fun!!!
She is truly a woman of vision.

Hope For The Heart Founder and CSO June Hunt is one of the world’s leading biblical counselors. An author, singer and speaker, she founded Hope For The Heart in 1986. Her life’s work has yielded landmark contributions in the field of Christian counseling. The ministry offers biblical hope and practical help—through biblical counsel, coaching, and context for contemporary concerns—in more than 60 countries on 6 continents. She writes books, counseling materials, also sings, has two radio programs and travels extensively to share the truth. 

Read more: Hope for the Heart

7) Do you have an e-reader?

A Kindle Paperwhite. But I still prefer a book I can hold, highlight with a marker and flip back and forth.

8) American Authors rang in 2016 in Chicago, giving an outdoor concert on New Year's Eve on a stage not far from Lake Michigan. There are 5 Great Lakes in all,including Lake Michigan. Without looking it up, name the other 4. 

I can't remember any other than Lake Erie and Lake Huron. How sad. 

9) Random question: You see photos on Facebook of a dinner party hosted by a friend. You recognize most of the attendees, yet you weren't invited. How do you feel? Left out and angry? Do you wonder what you may have done to offend your friend? Or do you just forget about it and move on?

Just move on. Life's too short. But I will admit sometimes it looked like fun and maybe I would like to have been there. :-)



12 comments:

Visits With Mary said...

Working with June Hunt must have been quite an experience for you. Wonderful that you had that opportunity. Have a great day!

I am Harriet said...

I have a Nook paper weight like your kindle one :)

Kwizgiver said...

I have owned every Nook that's been out and I LOVE them! I don't know why I didn't get a Kindle.

Terri D said...

My Kindle Fire is my 3rd Kindle. I started with the original years ago and really enjoy reading with them. I do keep my Bible and daily devotional in book form, though, so I can highlight and write in them. I enjoyed your Saturday:9!!

Susie said...

Nonnie, I laughed about Harriet's comment. :) I know you will be loving your little visitor. Get those hugs, all you can, that boy is growing up. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

The Gal Herself said...

Through your work with Ms. Hunt, you've touched people all around the world. How cool is that!

CountryDew said...

I think it is great you got to work for an author you appreciated and enjoyed.

Wanda said...

What a fun read, and yes, working with a author would be so fun.

shortybear said...

good answers

Breathing In Grace said...

That had to be a very interesting job. A cruise with the Gaithers...wow...what fun. Hope you're having a great weekend with that cutie!

Breathing In Grace said...

That had to be a very interesting job. A cruise with the Gaithers...wow...what fun. Hope you're having a great weekend with that cutie!

zippiknits...sometimes said...

When my daughter got a kindle Fire, she gave me her kindle paperwhite. It was lovely. I like the Fire, but too much advertising! I gave the paperwhite to my sister, as it's lighter for her to handle. She has parkinson's.
There's a new one out. Very pricey!