On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Monday, April 18, 2016

Blue Monday

I'm linking up today with Backyard Neighbor for Blue Monday. You can share your blue and link up too! 


In the past year, our church has made changes throughout to bring into all services and service, our youth and children. This is a wonderful chance for the kids to be more involved with "church" life, rather than being isolated in their separate groups. We still have youth meetings, children's church, nursery, and preschool, but now leadership is mixing it up. I think this is a wonderfully blessed learning and growing experience for everybody. Even the old folks. Last Wednesday evening at church, I noticed a new addition to the praise and worship team. This young man played and sang his heart out and I was so blessed. I wanted to take a photo of him during worship, but refrained as I felt that would be inappropriate. However, after the closing prayer, they played as we exited the sanctuary and I grabbed the opportunity to take a quick pick. I like that it is all blue!

There is so much blue in creation. When Moses and Aaron, his 2 sons and the 70 elders of Israel went up Mount Sinai to worship God, the Bible says they noticed under God's feet was a pavement appearing to be made of Sapphires. The gem reflects a beautiful sky blue color. Sapphires were also found on the breastplate worn by the High Priest and a special blue dye was used in the making of their clothing. The Sapphire also will be one of the twelve foundations for the New Jerusalem. (Revelation 21:19)


This is my nephew Billy with wife Crystal and their sweet Hunter in front of a pagoda in Japan with a beautiful blue sky behind them. I love these guys and look forward to them returning to America in the next few months. There should be a new addition to their family when I see them next. 


My sister had a lovely washbowl and pitcher set which she made in ceramics class. When I saw it, I made the comment that I would love to have one. I really wasn't hinting, but my dear mother signed up for ceramics class, and not too long after gave this to me. It will always be a cherished item as this was a special gift from her to me. A few years ago, I found this antique stand which really added to the specialness of the set. Recently I saw an identical one sitting in the Queen's Palace in the Bahamas.


Speaking of specialness, this is one of my favorite paintings from Kate. I love her little touches to her pictures. The sun wearing sunglasses is pretty cool, I think, and the bluebird flying over the house puts me in mind of the bluebird of happiness, which we hear so much about. I frequently use this on Facebook to wish people a happy birthday.

And while we are on the subject of specialness, I close with some of my very favorite blues.


The eyes have it!!

So, that's all the blue for today from me. 


Happy Monday!


11 comments:

Linda Kay said...

Great picks for blues today. My grandson looks fabulous in that same blue, as his eyes are blue as can be!

RachelD said...

Nonnie,

I'm so glad that you dropped in at LAWN TEA! And i've so enjoyed your BLUES today---the love and family just radiate off the page. Hope your weather is as glorious as our finally-not-freezing day of sunshine and warm breezes today.

rachel

Ann said...

My 14 year old granddaughter is on the worship team and her voice is so pretty. I love that she is feeling worthy to lead at her age. Your grandson is beautiful with those eyes. Have a wonderful week.
Ann

Jill said...

Awe how sweet look at those eyes... going to be a little heart breaker, lol. Finally posted about our new house today and lots more posts to come. Hope you have a great week!

Blessings,
Jill

Susie said...

Nonnie, I love your blue Monday post. You know your little grandson is special. :):) Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Breathing In Grace said...

Sweet blue pictures...especially those precious blue eyes. Hope you've had a great Mobday.

shortybear said...

I like your blues.

Terri D said...

Oh my, I do love those blue eyes, especially! Lovely photos and how great that your church is pulling in the young people in such a wonderful way! The bowl and pitcher from your mom is indeed a treasured keepsake and I love how you have it displayed.

Annesphamily said...

Wonderful blue filled post. Great share. Enjoy your week.

Karen said...

Very special blues indeed. Enjoy your week.

Jeanne said...

Hello Nonnie, Your blues for this post are wonderful. The ceramic bowl is truly a treasure from your mom. All the photos are great but I really loved the ones of the little guys.

I am sorry my comment is late. We were out of town and I ran out of time on Monday to visit everyone.
Happy Blue Monday,
Jeanne