On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Saturday, April 16, 2016

Saturday 9

Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!


Saturday 9: You're Beautiful (2005)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.


1) The first line is of this song is, "My life is brilliant." Using one word, describe your life.

Changing

2)  This is about a chance encounter between strangers in a crowd,specifically the subway. What "crowded place" were you most recently in?  


The nursery on the first beautiful sunny day. Everybody was out buying plants and flowers.


Got Pots?






3) Near the very end of this song, James Blunt sings, "It's time to face the truth." Do you believe you face things head on? Or do you tend to deny or put off the unpleasant?


I withdraw for a bit, then I face it.

4) James Blunt went to an all-boys school. Some educators recommend single-sex classrooms because they maintain girls just naturally approach subjects like math and science differently than boys do. Do you agree?


I have no opinion about this. Our daughter is an electrical engineer and our granddaughter is excellent with math, but I don't know that they approach it differently. 

5) Blunt put his father in charge of his finances. Income taxes are top of mind for many of us this time of year. Do you do your own taxes? Or do you go to an accountant or tax preparation service?

My husband always did the taxes until this year and I did them for the first time with help of turbo tax.

6)  In 2005, the year this song was a hit, the sitcom How I Met Your Mother was also popular.  Do you know how your parents met?


At church, I think. I'm really not sure.

7) 2005 is also the year Tom Cruise famously jumped on a sofa. Do you remember where he did this?


Yes. The O show. I didn't see it ...just remember what a big deal was made of it.

8) 2005 was also the year YouTube really took off. What's the last video you watched?


A clip from Everybody Loves Raymond about healthy snacks.

9) Random question ... Which of these high profile jobs would you enjoy more: head of General Motors, CEO of Apple or president of the New York Yankees? 


Maybe  the New York Yankees. I like baseball. 

My answers may be a little boring this week. One story I will tell about my parents was that my grandparents were very strict with my mom. When she and dad went out on a date, they were supposed to go to church. However, they went to a cake/pie supper instead. My mom won the "pretty girl's cake" and when she brought it home, my Granny was mighty put out with her for telling a fib and told her she should have won the ugly girl's cake! 




11 comments:

The Gal Herself said...

Thanks for sharing the old family photo. Your granny does sound like one tough lady!

Susie said...

Nonnie, In 2007 Ted and I went with our travel club to LA/Hollywood. We were to see Price Is Right..but Drew had laryngitis....so we went to the Tonight show instead (Jay Leno) James Blunt was on there that evening...it was wonderful.
What a great old picture. People used to take pictures by their cars.:):) Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Terri D said...

Life was different back then...but maybe not as different as we might think! Thanks for sharing the story about your folks with us. I enjoyed your answers and did not find them boring!

I am Harriet said...

I had the same experience yesterday at a local nursery. It is possible to get another freeze right now here so I'm waiting a bit.

Visits With Mary said...

I didn't think your answers were boring. I enjoy reading your thoughts and opinions. Have a great Saturday!

Kwizgiver said...

So many beautiful plants! I think spring is finally arriving in Northern Maine. :-)

Linda Kay said...

Too many questions! But I did love to see your flowers. Have a special weekend!

zippiknits...sometimes said...

The flowers are lovely, and the story about your parents meeting up to to the pie and cake social is sweet.
My grandparents were very strict with my mother and her older sisters, but the two younger ones got away with murder, as they used to say.
Thanks for sharing your answers. They were just fine!

katie eggeman said...

We have storms coming all this week so I am going to put off planting until the next week....no chance of frost or freeze...I don't think. My dad was still wearing his marine uniform and won mom over with his good looks.

CountryDew said...

Love the old photo!

shortybear said...

enjoyed your answers