On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Friday, April 29, 2016

Friday Foto Fun with Friends

Can you believe it? Another week has passed and it is Friday again! Today is Friday Foto Day and everyone is showing off their blooms! You can too. Just visit Debbie at Breathing in Grace to check out the loveliness going on in other neighborhoods.


Peonies before the rain storm this week

Peonies after the rain storms
Pretty pitiful peonies!
They never last long enough and this year,
their blooms were there only a week.

In conversations with others, I have always been the "outsider" when it comes to pronouncing the word peony. It seems I have the Okie version, or maybe Arkansas, because I have always pronounced it "pe-O-nee", with emphasis on the O! Apparently that is quite incorrect as all my northerner friends have advised that it is "pee-uh-nee".  So, of course, while we were in the middle of the discussion, I had to google for the pronunciation to see whether it could possibly be pronounced more than one way. Ahem! I now stand corrected. They are right ... I am not. This will be a hard habit to break. 

 The lantana in pots survived the winter,

as did the begonias

Roses bursting forth


Knockout roses

Hibiscus I bought this year is blooming each day.

Happy Friday to all! 





8 comments:

Visits With Mary said...

Your flowers are so pretty. I love seeing them all, showing off their beautiful colors!

Terri D said...

Such pretty flowers. I have no flowers in my yard, so my Friday Fotos are of anything but flowers. I do so enjoy seeing the beauty in other people's yards though!

Wanda said...

Beautiful flowers and great shots of them. Also love the message in the sand. So true.

Cranberry Morning said...

So pretty, especially love the roses! I like the quotation at the end - it is so true. Have a wonderful weekend.

Breathing In Grace said...

Absolutely gorgeous flowers. The pronunciation of peony made me smile...because my Mamaw always called them "piney". 😊 Thanks so much for linking up. I happened to see your comment at Cranberry Morning...you can link up any photos you want. It doesn't have to go along with what I post at all. Would love to see pics of your travels!

betty-NZ said...

I guess we need to learn to appreciate what we have because it won't always be there. Nice garden color! As long as people know what you're talking about, that's all that matters :)

shortybear said...

lovely photos

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Your flowers are so beautiful. We have a lot of Lantana in our yard.