On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Wednesday Medley

Thank you Terri for a fun Wednesday Medley! She has the questions for us right here!




1.  With the holidays coming, what is your most essential appliance to help you prepare for the celebrations? 

I think the oven. I plan to bake cookies, pie and maybe some other goodies containing either chocolate or pumpkin. 

2.  What is your favorite (clean) word?

How about "home?" My home is a refuge from this crazy world. I can relax and truly be myself without reservation. When I go somewhere, anywhere, coming home is a great thing to look forward to. It is a place where DH and I enjoy each  other, sleep in peace, share meals together and enjoy our friends and family when they come.

"My people will dwell in a peaceful habitation, In secure dwellings, and in quiet resting places " 
Isaiah 32:18 NKJV

Home also means my heart, Christ's Home, and then my forever Home, as in one day I will reach my final destination, where I will live with Him forever in peace. 

"But they were looking for a better place, a heavenly homeland.
That is why God is not ashamed to be called their God,
for he has prepared a city for them." 
Hebrews 11:16 NLT

"I heard a loud shout from the throne, saying,
 "Look, God's home is now among his people!
He will live with them, and they will be his people.
God himself will be with them." 
Revelation 21:3 NLT

3.  Are you a good judge of character?

I think so. I have missed a couple in the past, but for the most part, I believe I am. 

4. What is the last thing you took a picture of? Can you share it with us?

Haha. This is funny. I took DH to the dentist Tuesday, and as we were checking out, I noticed this little dog all dressed up in his unicorn outfit. 




5. Tomorrow, November 15, is Clean Out Your Refrigerator Day.  How do you intend to celebrate? 

I will celebrate that I cleaned mine out last week. 

6. Tell us something random about your week! 

I will be having lunch on Wednesday with blog friend Elizabeth Day of Beautywithoutwithin! That's pretty cool, huh? And as I write this, I have a very delicious chicken pot pie in the oven which will be heavenly on this very cold winter's evening in our little home.



14 comments:

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Oh, that chicken pot pie looks scrumptious!! Now I want some. I may have to go thaw out a chicken to cook...
Yes, our home is our refuge from the world as well. I am even finding that watching the news is such a painful thing that we are limiting that quite a bit. Love that you are having lunch today with a blogging friend. That is marvelous. How I wish all of us special blogging friends could meet someday. I know we will in heaven. Have a wonderful time! Such a blessing.

Preppy Empty Nester said...

How fun for you to be meeting Elizabeth for lunch! I can't wait to hear all about it! That chicken pot pie looks positively delish!

Stacy said...

I love your thoughts on "home." And that little dog....do you wonder if he's pondering getting even with his owner? LOL
Have fun meeting your blog friend today. That is always exciting and fun!

Cranberry Morning said...

Oh that chicken pot pie!! I've not made one for years. It would be perfect for a dinner beside the fire! Enjoy your meet with Elizabeth. Cute doggie pic. :-)

Annsterw said...

OMG! Chicken pot pie! YUMMY!! that looks amazing! That doggie outfit is hilarious! That is the difference in cats and dogs...my cats would tear me to shreds if I tried to get something like that on them! LOL!

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

What great answers Nonnie and I agree with all your sentiments about HOME. And, that Chicken Pot Pie looks delicious. You and Libby have a great lunch!

Chatty Crone said...

I do think we have A LOT in common. I will use the OVEN in my HOME too - those words mean a lot to me too.
I used to think I was a good judge of character but I am not sure anymore...
Your dog picture was adorable. The potpie looks delish.
And I hope you are having fun with your blog friend.
sandie

Joyce said...

How wonderful you'll get to have lunch with Elizabeth. Have you met in person before? I'm excited for you both!

Debby Ray said...

I so agree with your #2 answer. Home is definitely where my heart is too and just like Dorothy said, "there's no place like home". How wonderful that you are going to be able to meet up with Elizabeth! Do you live close to her? The potpie looks so yummy and in my opinion, the perfect comfort food! Enjoy your time together!

Mevely317 said...

What a precious lil' unicorn!!! Your response to #2 is so lovely; your words make my heart smile.
… and your pix of the potpie's making my taste buds go amok! LOL.

Elizabeth "Libby" Day said...

We did have a delightful lunch and time together today and I look forward to the next time we can meet up. Chicken pot pie is one of our favorite dishes. We agree that Home is where we want to be, yet this is not our forever home. I hope that dressing gravy turns out to be the most delicious yet. Again, thank you so much for lunch today.

Lori said...

I think home is a wonderful word! That is a great one.
I love the picture of that little dog.
I hope you had fun with Elizabeth!!! How wonderful!!! Your chicken pot pie looks delicious! Have a super week.

https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

Terri D said...

Your pot pie looks so good!! Please say hello to Elizabeth when you see her tomorrow! I just started following her a few weeks ago and enjoy her blog very much!! Thanks for joining in today!! I loved your answers and especially the scripture you shared about "home". Amen!

ellen b. said...

Love the word you picked! Home! Oh yum, that pot pie is calling to me. Hope the rest of your week is lovely!