Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love to answer the questions, however, and here is today's questions. Answer the questions and link up with The Gal Herself right here.
Saturday 9: Little Woman (1969)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) This song contains many weather references (clouds, rainbows, sunshine, rain). How's the sky where you are today?
Cloudy all day the past two days! We had rain Thursday night and a little rain Friday. Very nice and cool weather which put me in the mood for making chili and thinking it might be Fall after all. Here is my Fall pic with Jeb!
Sometimes I daydream about events from the past. I guess thinking about memories counts as daydreams? Days like this from a September long ago. We were moving from San Antonio to the Dallas area and looking for a house to buy with not too much time to find one. I loved this house and it was home for 30 years. Lots of memories there and I remember daydreaming to myself the first day we moved in how I believed I would love living there. My daydream came true. It was a wonderful home and many friends were made over those years.
The car in front was a 1972 Chevrolet station wagon. This was 1973 and you can tell that by the colors and the wallpaper in the kitchen and breakfast area. You probably can also tell by the pantsuit I'm wearing.
Looks quite different now. I hope whoever lives here enjoys it as much as I did.
The crape myrtles we planted were beautiful in the Summer and Fall.
I have in the past. My last experience was not so good as I filled the trays up too much and burned my gums. Ouch!
4) He was beloved for his shiny hair. If we were to peek in your bathroom, how many haircare products would we find?
Way too many! Unfortunately, I believe what they say their product will do.
5) After high school, Bobby attended Pierce, a community college in the west San Fernando Valley. For culinary students, Pierce offers courses in canning -- specifically apples and peaches. If we were to peek into your pantry, would we find canned fruits?
I keep a few little containers of applesauce for the kids or to use in baking sometimes. I don't care for canned fruit.
6) As an actor, one of Bobby's earliest performances was on the TV show Honey West. That series revolved around a female "private eye" adept at martial arts. Do you have any self-defense moves (that don't involve a weapon)? No.
7) In 1966, Bobby did this rather energetic commercial for milk. Do you often enjoy a glass of milk?
Yes indeed if it's icy cold and accompanied by a fresh out of the oven cookie, brownie or cake. We keep mugs in the freezer especially for icy cold drinks and always have to sing, "Put it in a frosty mug for me, put it in a frosty mug. Glug, glug, glug, Glug, glug, glug, put it in a frosty mug!" The grandkids love their milk in a frosty mug and singing that song with Grandpa.
Notice the mug says "Frost Before Serving."
(Fill it up to the cow's ears for the kids!)
8) When his show business career waned, he became a paramedic. Have you ever called 911?
Yes. Once when I thought someone was trying to break in and another time I thought I heard gunshots, but it was fireworks from the baseball game a few miles away. Ooops!
9) Random Question: Which book do you think you could learn more from -- The Joy of Sex or The Joy of Cooking?
I think the Joy of Cooking.