On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Monday, November 26, 2018

Thanksgiving 2018

Thanksgiving 2018 has now become a memory! A very good memory!

We had our Thanksgiving feast at Jason and Amy's house, along with Amy's Mom, Cindy, and Amy's sister, Brooke, and family. What a great group of people. Cindy bought the tee-shirts for the girls, so we had to show them off!




While dinner was cooking, baking and roasting, we played Bunko. We had 12 people, exactly what was needed to have fun! And it was a great way to pass the time because we were all starving. Soooooo much food! I'm sure it was pretty much standard fare across the country … or at least in the southern states. Turkey, ham, mashed potatoes and gravy, sweet potatoes, green beans, corn casserole, mac and cheese, chicken and dumplings, cranberry sauce. If I have left anything out besides the pecan, chocolate and pumpkin pies, it really doesn't matter. 

Belly up to the bar!

Good stuff!

Kate and Grandpa snuggling.

Kelsie is one strong lady with Ty on her back
and Madi in her arms! Wow!

Other family members which we missed seeing were enjoying Thanksgiving in other places!

My brother Phil and wife, Susan

Grandpa with Tenley

Chase and Julie

Tenley in the airport waiting for Daddy to come home!




Sara with her family in south Texas.

My sister Roberta and niece Robyn

Robyn with her cousin's baby boy.

I think this silly pic of Jack sums up how everybody felt after dinner!

8 comments:

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

What a wonderful family time with lots of memories made I'm sure. Great pics of a good time. Happy week!

Karen said...

Great memories and nice photos of your sweet family!

Terri D said...

I think we ALL felt like your silly Jack after Thanksgiving dinner!! I know that I did!! You have some wonderful photos of your precious people!! Sounds like a full, fun and love-filled day of thanksgiving!

Chatty Crone said...

Haha I ate too much too.

Did all the shirts have different feelings on them?

I love Bunko.

You have a beautiful family - I guess you introduced your family before I really started following you. So tell me how many grown children - how far do they live from you - and how many grands - if you don't mind!

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Looks like a great family gathering. Yes, your menu sounds familiar. Love all the food, but I felt just like your Jack when it was over! Thank you for sharing these wonderful family memories. God is so good to us, isn't He?

Melanie said...

What a sweet family! It sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas. Love the matching t-shirts!

Annsterw said...

I am in love with the matching tee shirts ideas! Those are absolutely adorable and the sayings are perfection!!!! So many great photos and no doubt, so many awesome memories! You have a beautiful family!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

The t-shirts are so cute and make for a great photo! I love Bunko. Dinner sounds delicious. The photos are perfect.