On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Monday, November 12, 2018

Saturday Stuff and Wrapping Up Loose Ends

Actually, from last week, too. We stayed a couple of nights last week with my brother and I love their new home. Early in the morning I noticed the sunrise coming through the trees on their street.



Love the house and yard, 
but don't think I could handle picking up leaves and pine needles!
Phil had just finished bagging up all that he had mowed. 
You can barely see him there with arms outstretched in triumph!

These pics are of the drive home from Arkansas to Tulsa the other day.
This was as we were driving past the rolling hills.

It was a beautiful day. Susan was driving so I could take pictures,
but, as you can see, taking pics with iPhone through a car window at 70 mph isn't ideal!

On Thursday my friend Susan and I met for her birthday lunch. We meet twice a year at Jen's Bakery to catch up with each other. She is such a precious lady, it's too bad we don't see each other more often. We had asked a lady to take our pic, which she did, but we weren't satisfied with the results. So we decided to try a selfie and when we snapped it, this guy was behind us! It was hilarious and we all had such a good laugh. A friendly guy.

On Thursday, a photo was taken of our BSF group for the Facebook page. A little blurry.

A very nice group of ladies.
We are in the book of 1 Samuel now
Amy and Jack had a mommy/son event on Saturday, so Kate came to spend the night. I would have had her over regardless because I have been missing her. Amy sent a text saying:


So, when Kate came over, she was excited to help. But then,

This is Kate helping!

It was ooey gooey okay when it was hot, but not so good the next day.
  


That's okay. She doesn't have to do anything.
We just love her being here.
On our way to church Sunday morning, Kate talks all the way there and back. I love this girl. She told us the story of Joseph and then the teacher asked all the children what their favorite Christmas story was. The kids answered The Grinch, Santa, Rudolph, etc. Kate's answer was "the 'real' Christmas story." "What do you mean by that?" asks the teacher. "The story about Mary and Joseph and Jesus' birth!" High five to you, Kate.

I then relayed to her that the pastor in his message yesterday was talking about character and maturity. Age, appearance, knowledge and success have nothing to do with it. One thing he said was you should never give money to children until you have taught them about generosity. I asked Kate what she thought about that (because we give the grandkids more money than I ever saw until I started working). Kate said she didn't need money because she has everything: she has a family, and her home, clothes to wear and plenty to eat! So proud of this girl. Many times I have offered to give her money to keep things "equal" because Jack is bold to ask for money. But she has turned me down many times saying she doesn't need it.

And last, I asked what her favorite thing is at Thanksgiving. Me, I was thinking food. She: "when all my family gets together. That's my favorite thing." Oh, my heart. We will be there with them. So thankful for this girl. She passes all the tests!!!

This is our today!

I can tell you that I am truly thankful for every person in my life. They are all encouragement to me and not a one is a downer! That includes all the blogger friends we meet here in blogland almost every day. Some days more than others!!! :-)

6 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Isn't it wonderful to have a child like that? We have one of those, too. I wonder if every family has at least one of those?

I love your brother's house-it's a beauty---leaves, pine needles and all. The pictures of scenery as you were traveling are very pretty. Love the bunny ears in you/your friend's picture. Some people are never too old to have fun!

I hope you have a really great week. xo Diana

Susie said...

Nonnie, I loved the pictures. So funny about the man in the back ground. Oh that precious grandgirl. I know you had to smile with your heart after hearing her answer. I laughed about the way Kate helped bake. LOL Blessings to you sweet lady. xoxo, Susie

Terri D said...

Kudos to you and Kate's parents for giving her such a strong foundation to grow on!! God bless her! The ooey gooey story made me giggle.

Chatty Crone said...

So that was great about how wonderful Kate is and all her values. Do you think that is something you are born with or something taught?

Annsterw said...

What a great visit with Kate! i AGREE THAT THEY HAVE TO DO NOTHING!! Sometimes I just sit and snuggle them while they play the iPad - works for me! HA! What a beautiful house your brother owns - I love it so much!!! And that huge, FLAT yard! WOW!

Jill said...

What a sweet and precious child! :-) I love their home too, it's just lovely and I can relate with all the leaves and pine needles, lol.... it's a never ending chore! Glad to see all is well with you. Have a great afternoon!

blessings,
Jill