On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Monday, October 30, 2023

Always playing the catch-up game!

After going several months without posting, I’m feeling the need to keep a record of some of life’s happenings this past year. So many changes in life, seeing the grandkids growing up. They’re not little anymore and I don’t get to be with them as much now that I’ve moved out of state and they are getting older. Three of them can actually drive now. One will soon be going to college. Life changes.



We had fun in January of this year with Billy and Crystal‘s kiddos. Now Billy is stationed on the other side of the ocean, while Crystal and the children wait for his deployment to be over.


Upper left is Brady at 17, upper right Noah at 15, 
in the center is Kate at 15, 
Brady and Noah sports photos and then 
Jack at 12 years old climbing at the Garden of the gods in Colorado.

Upper left is my friend, Jeannie and me at the botanical gardens in Tulsa, 
upper right, is our group that put together a luncheon for senior adults. 
In the center is our ukulele group, which continues to be so much fun and rewarding.
Bottom left me with friends at a baseball game, and to the bottom, right, a few of my fellow workers with the Women’s Association for the Tulsa boys home at the Run for the Roses event. 

Upper left trying on a fascinator hat, along with a spring hat center left. 
bottom left: My beautiful friend Jeannie wearing her gorgeous hat! 
Upper right: modeling at the fashion show fundraiser for the boys’ home. 
At the center right are the officers for the women’s association, and the bottom right is my friend, MaryAnne and me at the Run for the Roses fundraising event in May.

Upper left is Brady wearing his new glasses, upper right my sister and I went to visit our aunt Nancy in Arkansas. Center photo is a few of us in the church kitchen at church putting treats together for children during vacation Bible school, bottom left Kate and Jack celebrating the end of school, bottom right I went to Dallas with my friend, Jeannie, and met up with old friends, Nancy and Sherri, whom I had not seen since I left Dallas three years ago. 

 
Kate turns 15! I cannot believe my sweet little Kate is such a gorgeous young lady. 
(Well, I always knew she would be a beauty!)

Clockwise, with neighbors, Jeannie and Cheryl, a group of ladies from my Sunday school class at the Daughters of the King event, me having just rolled a bunco at the bunco fundraising event for the boys home, MaryAnne and I at the Daughters of the King event, and my sister and I met up with a childhood friend, whom we hadn’t seen for many, many years. 

Clockwise Jeannie, Cheryl and I getting ready to go out for dinner, me at a luncheon for senior adults at church, me with friend Shannon at a luncheon for high school classmates, and Jeannie and me at an awards dinner for her.

Enjoying fall colors and a trip to Branson to see the sight and sound production of Esther, 
my crazy fun, senior adult pastor and me at Cracker Barrel.

This has been a wonderful year of enjoying friends and different events.

It’s not all fun and games! I am a group leader again in Bible Study Fellowship, and enjoying so much the study of the gospel of John this year with a wonderful group of ladies. 
 I’m still doing Awanas with the first grade girls 
and serving on the board for the Women’s Association for the Tulsa Boys’ Home.

And now:

❤️ 

Life changes! When I prayed about my singleness since the loss of my dear heart Jay four years ago, my thinking was, I will not search out for anyone. Should the Lord’s will be that I meet someone, God will bring him to me. Unbeknownst to me, this gentleman was praying the same thing. He also said never would he choose anyone from our church. Well, lucky me, he had a change of heart and told me he has had his eye on me for the last year, but was shy about asking me to meet him for dinner or lunch. Both of us were interested in just having a companion\friend. This relationship has gone beyond that. I am thankful that God has put such a friend and companion in my life. I am so happy and looking forward to what lies in store! 











4 comments:

Susie said...

Hi Nonnie, I see that all your beautiful babies are grown or getting there. The same for mine. I got some tears reading about your Jay. Same with me and my Teddy. I know what you are saying about a friend, to just enjoy some company. When our mates passed, our lives were just not the same. I am happy you have your new friend. Make each other's days fun . Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Wanda said...

Oh what smiles this post brings to my face. First, your lovey family. I so enjoyed the pictures. And in God's wonderful providence brought someone into your life to bring you happiness and joy! God is so good.

Keep us posted, we love to hear how God is working in your life!

Kylan Gentry said...

Hello everyone on here, I want to share with you all a great testimony on how I was cured by Dr Jekawo, who cured so many diseases.
I was suffering from herpes and diabetes also my little sister was a victim of blood cancer too but with the help of Dr Jekawo we are all fine, well with his natural remedies that he prepare then send to us through dhl courier he then instruct us on how to drink the herbal medicines which we did and today we are completely well, we have being living free for 2 years now and it's seems like a God sent when I met him online by a lady giving testimony online like I'm doing right now.also I have introduce Dr Jekawo to several colleagues from works suffering from different kind of diseases and Dr Jekawo has healed all of them with his herbal knowledge. he's a great man with ancestral power to cure people with herpes,cancer,diabetes,hepatitis,hpv,lupus,als,hiv/aids, also spiritual consultation he's available for that as well.
I email him on: drjekawo@gmail.com because that's the only source to get to him as he lives far from the United state,I told him that I will be giving testimony on his behalf because he's a good man with a Godly heart.

NucleonBet said...

Your post was excellent! Your writing is both clear and compelling. Write more, please!