On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Wednesday's Words of Thanks

There is no Hodgepodge this week, so I'm just catching up from the past few days. Thus far, this week is really terrific. It began on Monday with a visit to DH's neurologist for a six month check up and to report to her the news of how well DH had done with his Triple A surgery in April. Believe me, I understand her position as a doctor feeling she must warn us of every bad outcome surgery could bring but, in doing so, there was a great amount of fear instilled in us. However!!! from the time we had been told the diagnosis, every day there were prayers going up to our great God for a good outcome, healing and recovery for DH with no bad effects to his memory. So, it was with great delight we told her and it brought great joy to see her jaw drop in amazement!! She told us how lucky we were and what a great anesthesiologist and surgeon we must have had. We could agree on the good doctors, but luck had nothing to do with it! All praise to our great God!


And on Monday evening, our gathering with friends was so much fun and fellowship as we enjoyed our time together over brisket and many other delicious sides. The food is almost as good as the laughter! Now why I didn't think of taking any photos, I just don't know. I could kick myself because I didn't think of it till everybody was in their cars getting ready to go home.

The sky that night was such a pretty shade of blue that I did slip out to get a picture of that.


And then again, on Tuesday, we had a LOG luncheon at Erin's home and oops! Did it again. I think we were all a little overcome with Erin's hospitality and her generosity. She always prepares the healthiest and loveliest food, but on Tuesday she gifted each of us with Rustic Cuff bracelets! Here is a picture of two she gave me (she gave me two others also) and they are so pretty. (Wish I could smooth out those veins on my hands though.)

If you've never heard of Rustic Cuff, you can read about its beginnings here. It is an amazing story of one woman's triumph over a public humiliation ... on the Oprah show no less!

Tuesday evening was an event called National Night Out or something like that. It was nice to meet new people and visit with neighbors we usually don't see. The weather was pleasant ... overcast, breezy, low temperatures. I actually was shivering and wishing I had a sweater. Could it be a preview of good things to come this Fall? I hope, I hope.

Ready for some good BBQ

This sweet thing was waiting for some BBQ, too.

You have to have entertainment, right?!

And water slides for the kids.

This morning we had breakfast with the Wednesday men's group. Wives have been crashing their breakfast party this summer. Why can't I ever remember to take pics? I will miss the Wednesday breakfast when Bible Study Fellowship begins in September.


4 comments:

Karen said...

Yes we have so much to be thankful for!!

Chatty Crone said...

Oh my goodness you have something every day! Good for you. Glad hubs got a good report. sandie

Terri D said...

I'm so happy to read about hubby's good report! Praise God all the time! You have been busy!! I need to Google Rustic Cuff. Your link has been disabled. It looks lovely and your hands are lovely too. No worries there, my friend!

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Sounds like a wonderful week. Great news for hubby. I've never heard of the rustic cuff. Need to check it out. Loved all your activities. Great ideas.