On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Wednesday, August 16, 2017

A Doggone Hodgepodge

Hodgepodge Fun!


1. Do your actions match your words? Elaborate.

Not always. I think one of my worst is in telling others not to worry ... and then I find myself worrying. Not for too long though. I remind myself of Who's in control and Who has brought me through circumstances in the past and then I can go forward with right actions.

2. Sick as a dog, go to the dogs, dog days of summer, dog tired, it's a dog's life, every dog has it's day, can't teach an old dog new tricks...now doggone it which saying could most recently be applied to your life?

Dog days of summer here and looking to Fall. Maybe I can walk farther in the mornings with cooler temps and low humidity.

3. Your favorite book featuring a dog in the storyline? What makes it a favorite?

I can think of many favorite movies with a dog in the story line, but the only book I can think of actually reading is one I read to Jack. It is a favorite because he enjoys my reading it to him and we both howl together like wolves.



4. What's something you hope to one day have the confidence to do?

Stand up in front of a group and teach without anxiety.

5. August 16th is National Tell a Joke Day. So tell us a joke.

I'm not one to tell jokes, but I remember this one from long ago.

A string walks into a bar with a few friends and orders a beer. The bartender says, "I'm sorry, but we don't serve strings here."
The string goes back to his table. He ties himself in a loop and messes up the top of his hair. He walks back up to the bar and orders a beer.
The bartender squints at him and says, "Hey, aren't you a string?"
The string says, "Nope, I'm a frayed knot."


6. Insert your own random thought here.

I made cupcakes yesterday morning from a recipe I had used before with success. Then, this happened. 


It looks as though butter or sugar just squirted out from several of the cupcakes while baking. Anybody else ever experience this? I wonder if I creamed the butter and sugar for too long.

The rest were fine.

And I'm glad they were because I made them for Kate's birthday. We met them at Red Lobster yesterday evening because shrimp was her choice for birthday dinner. We were reminiscing about the day of her birth and all the excitement because she came two months early and weighed in at 3 lb 6 oz. 




 She's come a long way since then.


A coin holder/changer for her lemonade stand.


"If possible, and to the extent that it depends on you, live in peace with all people."
Romans 12:18

Praying for peace in our country which is truly disturbed right now. 



I have recently discovered Susie Larson and love this.



8 comments:

NanaDiana said...

I love these. Did you ever read The Story of Edgar Sawtelle by Wroblewski(?) It is a fantastic story of super intelligent dogs (it's a novel). Your little grandgirl is just darling. xo Diana

Carla from The River said...

Sending Extra Birthday HUGS!! What a fun gift for her.
Have a great weekend,
Carla

maddie/cadesmimi said...

I'm guilty of telling others not to worry, then doing it myself, too. That's a tough one, but I'm working on it.
Those cupcakes look very good, and I'm sure they were! Sending birthday wishes to Kate! That's a neat b'day gift, by the way :)
Kathy (Reflections)

Chatty Crone said...

I enjoyed your answers. We too are having the dog days of summer here. I like 101 Dalmatians. I am worried about the county as well. I do not understand. And happy birthday to your granddaughter!

Terri D said...

I love Susie Larson! I get her daily blessings by email. I enjoyed reading your Hodgepodge today!

Joyce said...

Your granddaughter is so cute. What a fun birthday gift! I too am praying for peace. The world feels upside down right now.

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Wow! So much interesting stuff here! First of all, Happy Birthday to Kate! She certainly has come a long way from her premie birth. What a wonderful miracle! Never saw a cupcake do that before, but then, I don't bake many cupcakes...strange!! Love the Susie Larson quote. Yes, praying for PEACE right now for our country as well. Praying for our leaders. I do pray that God will bring healing to our land. II Chronicles 7:14.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

You are right about that, I tell people not to worry and I still worry. Good point! Sorry about your cupcakes. She was a good size for being that early! Happy Birthday to Kate.