On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Monday, August 28, 2017

The Gathering

Our weekend adventure was one we had been eagerly awaiting - the baby shower for my nephew Chase and his lovely wife, Julie. So my DH and I traveled to Oklahoma once again for another happy event.


The theme was a golden books shower to help build the library Julie has planned for Tenley.There were books everywhere and each of us brought books as well.



The shortbread cookies were decorated as little golden books.

My nephew Chase. He is an amazing young man and I guess it's perfectly fine for me to brag about him as he is a man of many accomplishments. A football player for a high school team that took state championship, West Point graduate who also played football for Army, Army Ranger, Green Beret, Captain, and now a Dad to be! 
My brother and his wife, Susan with their son, Chase and daughter-in-law, Julie.


The very exuberant hostesses!
I think all of the ladies have been close friends with Phil and Susan and
so part of Chase's life since he was born.

Lincoln making the rounds waiting for this party to begin.

Patiently waiting.

Some waited with a smile. My sister
and her daughter, Robyn.

Come on!


Finally! Let's open presents!


Julie's helpers, Robyn and Hunter.


Hunter took a real liking to Flappy the Elephant,
but she did give it up after a while!
I think that's a good sign that Hunter approved, so
I'm sure Tenley will like Flappy, too.
Flappy's ears wiggle and cover his eyes as
the song plays "Do your ears hang low, do
they wiggle to and fro."


Back at my brother's house, Susan prepared dinner for all 12 of the family.
While we waited, Hunter showed me the bed Susan had fixed for her.
It was so pretty with Peppa Pig sheets and comforter and
a net canopy which reached to the ceiling.
So adorable.

See? That is how a princess sleeps.
Hunter is quite the performer, too
and sang Let It Go (with all motions included) for all of us!




What an absolutely wonderful time we had together and I know my brother, Phil, and Susan had very full hearts as they felt and enjoyed the love from all who sat at their table this weekend. And all of us felt the love that Susan put into a fabulous meal! After dinner, Susan and Billy serenaded us with their ukulele talents and we all had fun singing silly songs.


Chase got in some good practice playing
with niece Hunter and nephew Lincoln

Crystal enjoying a little free time as Chase
entertained Hunter and Lincoln!

DH and I stayed the weekend with my sister and her husband, Don. We had a nice visit together, enjoyed looking at old pictures. She pulled out a few albums for me to look through and I think I will be posting some of those later. This one below she posted on Facebook this week and so I am sharing now.



My parents with me, my sister, Roberta, and my brother Phil in 1958!
They would have loved being part of the gathering this weekend.


5 comments:

Elizabeth "Libby" Day said...

What a wonderful time you had. Hunter is an absolute doll herself, so I'm sure the new baby will be also. Such a fun theme for a shower.

Chatty Crone said...

Oh my goodness what a wonderful family you have there - everyone looked like that had a nice time. Chase is accomplished. Isn't it funny our babies having babies. Hope you got home safe. sandie

Terri D said...

Fun times full of love!! The family gathering together for a happy occasion is just the best!! Thanks for sharing all the photos with us.

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Looks like you all had a marvelous time together. So wonderful to celebrate LIFE! Thank you for letting us be a part of the party. What a neat idea to bring books for the baby!! I like that idea!!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

So much fun! These are the things that make life beautiful.