On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Saturday, October 15, 2016

Saturday 9 ... If I Knew You were Comin'



Saturday 9: If I Knew You Were Comin' (1950)





1) This song is performed by a woman who is positively tickled to have unexpected company. How do you feel when people  drop by unannounced?

It just doesn't happen around here. I would love for someone to drop in for a visit. I have ice cream in the freezer, cookies and brownies, and we could sit down and have a good visit.

2) She is clearly proud of her skills in the kitchen. 
Do you enjoy baking? 
I like to bake. 
Cooking? 
I like to cook. 

3) Reference is made to hiring a band. Tell us the last time you were at an event with live music.

We heard a band just last Friday, but I guess a concert doesn't really count. There is a band every week at our church. 




But I guess you want to know the last big social event. Maybe a wedding in 2014. 

4) After making recordings in the early 1950s, Eileen Barton appeared on daytime TV in the early 1960s -- including a game show called Video Village. Let's say we're all headed to a TV game show taping this morning. Would you volunteer to appear as a contestant? No. Or would you rather just stay in the audience? I'll watch somebody else volunteer to be silly. 




5) In 1961, Ms. Barton got married in Juarez, Mexico. What's the longest distance you've ever traveled to attend a wedding? 1,164 miles

6) In 1950, when this song was popular, the Detroit Red Wings won the Stanley Cup. Are you looking forward to the upcoming NHL season? No

7) 1950 also marks the first time anyone in the United States paid by credit card. Do you pay with a credit card to get rewards? If yes, what rewards are you accumulating (points, cash back, airline miles)? Cash back. 

8) In 1950, an athlete named Florence Chadwick swam the English Channel. Are you a good swimmer?

No. I thought it was all over in the Gulf of Mexico back in 1993. My husband and kids saved me. When we got home, I signed up for lessons, but swimming just isn't my strong suit. 
  
9) Random question: Think about the last "white lie" you told. Was it to spare someone's feelings, or to make your day go more smoothly? 

No white lies here. I do admit to telling some tall tales in my past, but I have learned to love and prefer truth! It is the best way.

7 comments:

Stacy said...

Oh my goodness, that is scary about your swim in the English Channel! I'm glad your husband and kids were there to save you.

The Gal Herself said...

#8 is SCARY! No wonder you don't like swimming!

I remember The Gong Show. Silly is right.

Melanie said...

I enjoyed your answers! I'm not much of a swimmer either. I can dog paddle but that's about it. That episode in the gulf would put me off too. I have one credit card that I've had to use for Mandy's vet bills but other than that, I try to stay away from them!

CountryDew said...

I think your concerts count as live music events. And I am glad your husband was there to rescue you! That must have been very scary.

Kwizgiver said...

I count any live music as events. They're such fun!

Terri D said...

Live music is live music. Doesn't matter where it is. We always have ice cream, but not always cookies. Glad you were rescued in the Gulf and that it prompted some lessons!! Scary stuff.

zippiknits...sometimes said...

That is very scary!! Thank heaven you weren't alone out there.
I agree with Terri, live music counts from any venue.
You have brownies, cookies and ice cream? Knock knock!