On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Friday, October 28, 2016

Friday Foto Friends





Yes! We did!! 

The lines were longer than usual for early voting, but it's worth the wait! And glad to have it done!


These are the lockers for your possessions at the mammography location where I go. Clever with the names you can choose for your locker. I chose Jane Austen and that is the strap of my red purse hanging out there! Of course, letting it all hang out is what happens there, right? Glad to have that done as well!

Doctor appointment this week and next week and finding out the steps we will be taking for my DH. He's not happy about what will be going down, but when we are home, he and Trudy manage to relax with each other.



Now I'm still dealing with that little accident I had a couple of weeks ago, but can you imagine having to deal with this? It happened down the street from us and I'm so happy I was nowhere near when it happened.


It somehow hurts to realize that you are at fault in an accident and, although the insurance company said that the other party does bear some responsibility, the majority of it is on me. Boo! I tried to miss a car and got smacked. They also said they will review my record and probably raise our rates. Oh dear! My thought about that was the fact that God does not hold my record against me any more. The record of debt that stood against us with its legal demands was cancelled at the cross! Hallelujah! That is the record that matters!



Two cuties dressed up and ready for Trunk or Treat at their church last night. I love these beautiful kids! Hiding behind that mask is a precious boy.

Yep! This one.



My friends know how much I love to see the rising and the setting of the sun. A friend sent me this one yesterday and I have to save it.


"The whole earth is filled with awe at your wonders;
where morning dawns, where evening fades,
you call forth songs of joy."
Psalm 65:8




13 comments:

Melanie said...

Oh my, what a horrendous accident! That looks frightening. I was in one accident that was my fault. I know how it feels, to not be deliberately careless but have something happen just the same. I hope your rates don't raise. I voted mail in so all done there. I'm glad they have early voting. I couldn't imagine the long lines on election day if they didn't have it. Praying for your hubby. Have a blessed day.

Sylvia said...

I voted yesterday! I can praise the Lord for watching over me on Wednesday. My hubby and I drove off from having our car wash, when I tried to turn into the lane, I couldn't get my gas paddle to work and there was a tractor trailer coming right toward me. I just prayed and when I looked again it had stopped. God has promised to be me and He was. The people cleaning out our car had put the floor mat on top of the brakes and gas paddle. Close call but God was in Control!

Susie said...

Nonnie, Praying for your DH. Hope your mammo was a clear one. Accidents are scary. The kids look cute in their costumes. Blessings to all and wishing you a great weekend, xoxo, Susie

Visits With Mary said...

We voted yesterday, so glad we got it done! Early voting turn-out is up....this election is bringing people out to vote, and that's a good thing. Hope all goes well for DH.

Visits With Mary said...

WoW...Praising God you are save! That's scary!!

Creations By Cindy said...

Enjoyed looking at your pictures and that last one is stunning. So sorry to hear about your accident. Hope you have a good weekend. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Pamela M. Steiner said...

So sorry about your accident, but so thankful it wasn't the bad one you saw nearby. Wow! Proud of you for getting your mammo...praying for good results. Your grandkids are so cute in their costumes...such fun. I miss that. My kids are too old and my grandson is also too big literally (6'3" and 17 years old), and where we live we don't get any trick or treaters here...so I miss seeing the kids in their costumes. Praying for your hubby...hope all is well. Have a blessed weekend!

Terri D said...

That looks like a horrible accident! Thank goodness yours wasn't that bad! You are so right to give it to God and move on. Love the pictures of the kiddos dressed up. Also glad you are done with your annual mammogram. It always feels good to put that behind you!

NanaDiana said...

I am glad your accident was not as serious as the one you showed here. That does NOT look good.
I am headed to vote Monday, too. Otherwise we have to vote at the university and the line is always a mile long (or so it seems).

Love the pictures of the kids. SO cute.

Hope your mammo was okay and praying for your hubby! xo Diana

Breathing In Grace said...

Hope you get good results from the mammogram. Sorry about the accident, but what an awesome attitude about the possibility of increased rates. Yes, God is good. Sweet little kiddos. Hope you have a great weekend!

Karen said...

Sorry to hear about the accident. My son was in a fender bender this week also but no one was hurt, thankfully. Hope your grandkids enjoy the festivities this weekend.

Sweet Tea said...

The kids are really growing and they are obviously ready to Trick or Treat.🎃 Loved the way your Mammogram center ejects a little humor in what can be a stressful time. Assuming you got a good report. ? Happy to see Trudy in the photo. I've thought of her but didn't want to ask.

Sweet Tea said...

My previous comment was "cut off", so here I am again...Praying for J. And for you. Things are really tough when one doesn't like any of the options. May you two make the wisest decisions for the best outcome. ((Hugs))