On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Thursday, August 23, 2018

Thankful Thursday

Today was the day for the annual mammogram! It turned out to be more than a mammogram as I had to have two ultrasounds which made me flinch just a bit as I wasn't expecting to have to do that. I'm happy to report all is well and I remain cancer free since 2005! Now that is something worth celebrating and I will hear the office good news when I visit my doctor next. One funny thing: when the radiologist came into do the ultrasound, he said, "turn on your side and raise your left arm over your head!" Well, I couldn't resist! "Raise your left arm and do the hokey pokey!" They got a good laugh from that.

Then after, lunch with a few ladies from last year's Bible Study Fellowship group. We had a wonderful time together catching up on all we have been doing this summer and looking forward to our new study in September … People of the Promised Land, Part I, a study of Joshua through 1 Kings. I'm ready!


Sweet ladies. I will miss them this year as I am going to BSF at another location which is closer to my home.

Now tomorrow will be DH's turn for ultrasound and visit with his doctor to check the status of his abdominal aneurysm! Praying for very positive results!



8 comments:

Visits With Mary said...

Great news on your test, so happy for you. I love my bible-study group, such sweet ladies. I always feel lifted after we've been together.

Terri D said...

Great news today! Hoping hubby gets equally good news tomorrow! I'm joining a Bible Study this year, here at Mas Verde. I'm looking forward to it!!

Susie said...

Nonnie, I will pray for your DH. I am happy you got good news. You showed your sense of humor at the ultra sound. LOL. Lovely ladies in your group. Blessings to all , xoxo, Susie

Chatty Crone said...

My mom had surgery for the abdominal aneurysm - it was big but doable. Good luck for him tomorrow.
I did not know you had breast cancer in 2005. I had breast cancer too in 2013. I am so glad you are okay! sandie

Dianna said...


wow, Connie...I did not realize that you had cancer. SO thankful that you had a good report after the ultra sounds. I know it will be wonderful to hear good news from your doctor next week!

These ladies look like a lot of fun. Even though you will be in a different group for BSF I know you will be a blessing to the ladies there. You certainly are a blessing in your space in blog land. Your comments are always so thoughtful. And that Bible study sounds AMAZING!

I will be praying for your husband's ultra sound and doctor's visit tomorrow. Trusting that all will be well for him.

Pamela M. Steiner said...

I guess I didn't realize you had had cancer either...so thankful that all is well. Praise God!! Glad you had a great visit with such sweet ladies. It is too bad that you will be in different places this fall, but God has other sweet ladies waiting for you who will be blessed by your sweet presence as well. Praying all goes well with your hubby's doctor visit.
God bless you and have a wonderful weekend.

Breathing In Grace said...

Praise the good Lord for a good report.... sweet words, cancer free! 💜

Annsterw said...

Sending prayers that everything went well last week! Looks like a great group of friends but hopefully the new group will be awesome also! Hugs! Annster's Domain