On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Thursday, August 2, 2018

Saturday 9: Along Comes a Friend


Link up with Saturday 9: Along Comes a Friend (Theme from Kate and Allie) (1984)











Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) This week's song is the theme from Kate and Allie, a sitcom that ran from 1984 to 1989. Were you a fan?
I never watched this show. 

2) The show was about two divorced women who live and raise their children together. Were you ever a single parent? No. Were you raised by a single parent? No.

3) Allie is proud that she can make a perfect cup of coffee: "Just the essence of the bean. No acidity." Kate is proud that she can belch the alphabet. What are you proud of? 
Our grandkids think I make the very best pancakes, waffles, cupcakes, cinnamon rolls and cookies! I'll take that!

4) Kate and Allie share half of a duplex in Greenwich Village. Many episodes had them doing laundry in the basement. Where are your washer and dryer? 
In the laundry room off the kitchen.

5) Kate was played by Susan St. James. She was familiar to viewers as the "wife" in McMillan and Wife. Without looking it up, do you know who played McMillan? Rock Hudson and I did not have to look that up. I like this show and Susan St. James. 

6) Allie was played by Jane Curtin. She was one of three women in the original Saturday Night Live cast. Without looking it up, can you name the other two? Gilda Radner and somebody else. I guess I will have to look this up. I really wasn't a regular viewer of SNL.

7) On the set, Jane Curtin ran a poker game for the cast and crew. Do you think winning at poker takes more luck or skill? I think it must be both because I have no skill and yet, the few times I have played, I won some, lost some.

8) The Kate & Allie theme was cowritten and sung by John Lefler. Years later, Mr. Lefler wrote the theme for the Pokemon show. Is anyone in your life into Pokemon?
The grandkids went through the phase. Glad that's over. 

9) Random question: What's the last thing you whispered? 

"I'll be back, Annie." 

(Had to leave her with the groomer.)


6 comments:

The Gal Herself said...

#3 -- You're sure giving your grandkids a "sweet" memory. Which reminds me, my grandma made the *best* dinner rolls. My favorite part of the holiday dinner was her her rolls. She's been gone 20 years, and I still remember that and smile.

Stacy said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who explains to my dog why I'm leaving, where I'm going, and that I will be back. Sheesh...they lay on the guilt with those sad eyes, don't they?

CountryDew said...

Grandmas who cook are the best.

Terri D said...

Fun questions, but I never watched Kate & Alley. I bet those rolls were delicious! Happy Saturday!

zippiknits...sometimes said...

Your grandkids must adore you for lots of reasons. Having a grandma who is a good cook is "icing on the cake"! My gran taught me how to cure olives.

That's an adorable picture of your Annie. Sweet girl! Wolfie is not happy to be left at his groomer's, but she is really gentle and good with him. I still hate to leave him anywhere, even at home.

Have a great weekend, Nonnie.

I am Harriet said...

I was never a fan of the show either. I'm not sure if I had even watched it.