On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Thursday, August 2, 2018

Friday Foto Friends

It is Friday again and pickin's are again slim in my camera/phone. But I am linking up with Deb at Breathing in Grace anyway because today is a special day of remembrance for me.



An interesting sky the other evening.

Ducks being ducks

Memories from the Past

The Scott Hutchison Center in Seattle, Washington


Isolation for several long months
My brother, his baby boy and wife



August 3, 1987 is forever etched in my mind as it is the day they took bone marrow from me and gave it to my brother. The smile on his face was his joy to receive it. Trust me, the experience for him was more pain than smiles! I still tear up when I think about this because there are so many very hard memories from this time period. My precious Mom died of cancer while we were there. But thanks be to our God that my brother is still with us and still yet another time of proving that God causes ALL things to work together for His purposes and our good. Rough times for him and his wife, but he has seen his son grow up to be an amazing young man, and too many other victorious life stories to share here.

I post a little of this story each year because I believe it is important … very important … to always give thanks for what God has done for us in the past and remember that as He has taken care of us then, so will He care for us now and in the future.

On this date also in 1981, my beautiful niece, Robyn was born. She was the first and long-awaited grandchild for my parents.


My sister with Baby Robyn

Mom, Robyn and me


She is a beautiful blessing!




10 comments:

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Wow, this really just hit me in the heart, Nonnie. As you probably know, my oldest brother is in the hospital in Atlanta, in "isolation" as he is being treated for Acute Myleoid Leukemia. He MAY have to have a bone marrow transplant...we don't know yet, and each of us siblings are being tested to see if we are a match. To know that you have done this for your brother and have given him so many more years to live and enjoy his family, gives me much hope. We don't know yet if he will need it, but I want to be ready to accept the call if I am the one who is "chosen". You and I may have to have further conversations on this topic. Amazing that you have already walked this path. Oh, I love the pictures of your beautiful niece Robyn. Interestingly, if I had ever had a girl, I wanted to name her Robin. I like the Robyn spelling better...anyway, I had 3 boys and no little girls or even granddaughters...so my "Robin Noel" will just live in my imagination! Thank you for this lovely post today. Got my attention for sure!!!!!

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

I lost my dad to cancer more than 50 years ago. Your family was blessed by your brother's recovery. I agree celebration and thanksgiving should be always close to your heart.

Chatty Crone said...

My goodness girl you have been through a lot of trials. Strong women. I bet your brother is grateful to you - for his very life. Wonderful. You are amazing.

Visits With Mary said...

Robyn grew up to be a beautiful woman. And what a blessing that your brother overcame such a dreaded illness and got to be with son, and family. He was certainly blessed by God.

Cathy said...

Cancer is such and awful disease. I lost my brother 3 years ago and my mom 2 years ago to it. I'm so glad you were able to help your brother and that he is still alive and getting to see his son grown up. That is just so awesome. We definitely serve such a big and wonderful God. Thank you for sharing this today. It reminds me to be thankful for each blessing.

Terri D said...

A time that should be documented and recalled each year! Bless you and your brother for enduring the bone marrow harvest and transplant. I have heard that it is painful for both the donor and the recipient. I'm so happy that he is doing fine and has been able to see his son grow up! God is good!!

Aloha Acres said...

So many blessings. I agree, we should always be thankful. I hope I am. Sometimes I can get in a "whoa is me" season. I pray to be diligent and to snap out quickly.

Dianna said...

Such a touching share here today, Connie. It must have been quite hard to be in the midst of giving your brother bone marrow to find out that your mother passed away. It brings tears to my eyes just thinking of it.

Your niece is beautiful!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I'm so glad your brother is still here. Sad that your mom had passed away during that time. I feel like your parents, I feel like I have been waiting forever to become a grandparent. My sister has 4 grandchildren and two are in their 20's! I'll be 67 in October and that is when my first grandchild is arriving. I can't wait. Thank you for sharing your story and the photos.

Breathing In Grace said...

Oh, what a precious thing you were able to do for your brother. I'm so sorry about the loss of your Mom during that time. We know that it was all in God's plan and He is so good, but we still sometimes question (or is that just me?). Thank you for being so faithful to join in each Friday...I'm just sorry I'm so slack in visiting and commenting. My Mom has Alzheimer's and it's taking up much more of my time these days! Prayers appreciated! Happy SONday to you!