On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Thursday, August 16, 2018

Happy Birthday to Kate and last day of Summer Vacation


An EPIC day for a birthday celebration on the lake!!

Kate's birthday wish was for a lake day!

Helping Daddy drive the boat.

 
Jason is so good to get out in the water and help the kids.

Whoo-Hoo! Jack's first time to ski! 1.15 minutes up!
He did it!

Kate next.


Dad's turn and he did it!!

Pretty Momma on the boat!

Pretty Momma's Pretty Mom on the boat, a/k/a Nana!

Lovely Kate!
That sun was shining bright!



Grandpa, a/k/a DH


Momma tubed!




In the water



And having fun on shore!

It was a fabulous, fun day and a great way to end summer vacation.

As I said above, Jason was so good to swim out to everyone in the lake and help with getting skis on, getting them straight and then swimming back to the boat to pull them. Nana wanted to ski really bad and so he helped her with the skis and as she tried, my brain was going back and forth arguing with myself. Should I try? Should I be sensible? How many years has it been since I've skied? It had to be over 15 years at least and now, wondering about this old body, what to do, what to do? I decided I had to try.

Jason came out to help me fight those pesky skis to get them on and ready to go. Many, many years ago, it was I who was out in the water with him and his sister helping them to put the skis on so DH could pull them up. And as he took them away, I would be left out in the lake waving my arms to make sure other boaters saw me!! As Jason helped me, he said, "Nonnie, you helped us learn to ski, I know you can do it!!"

I did it!

Screenshot from a video they took.

I skied straight behind the boat for a while and then crossed the wake. Going back over the wake, I didn't do my right leg right and so I threw up my hands to drop back in. The important thing is, I did it!

This morning? How do I feel today? Let me count the ways. Sore here, sore there, sore everywhere!!! 

I am the only one on the boat who suffers from crazy hair.


Back to normal this morning.








10 comments:

terre said...

what a fun day you all had. i am glad you tried to ski; success was all the better!

terre

NanaDiana said...

Good for you for water skiing and giving it a try again after so many years. I bet that felt really good!

It is so much fun to see all the kids skiing and having good family time together before school starts.Our kids don't go back to school until after Labor Day.

I must say your hair looks much better in Photo#2. lol xo Diana

Chatty Crone said...

How blessed you are to have all that. I have never b een to the lake. And you skied! You did it!!! My grandson went with his friend a couple weeks ago and did all t hat too! I knew we had something in common - when my hair gets blown - or am humidity I get crazy hair too! I totally get it. Happy birthday Kate. sandie

Elizabeth "Libby" Day said...

Good for you, Girl! I have never been a water person, but did try water skiing once right after we got married. Almost 53 years ago? I can only imagine how sore you might be afterwards, but how fun it must have been for you. And to hear that sweet comment and encouragement from Jason, made it all worth while, I'm sure. It sounds like Kate had a great time on her birthday. Precious memories.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Well done on your skiing. You're very brave. I'd never do that.

God bless you and your family.

Susie said...

Nonnie, I like that "I am having fun in a boat on the water hair-do" Good for you girl. What a fun time for all. Family fun . Happy birthday to Kate. Good luck in school too. Blessings to all, xoxo, Susie

Terri D said...

WOW!!! I am really impressed!! I am sure I couldn't get up on skis anymore. It's been well over 40 years. What a fun day you all had and I just know Kate will remember that birthday always! Love the photos!!

Cathy said...

How fun! You were very brave. No way I could have skied as I’ve never done it before. Happy Birthday to Kate.

NanaDiana said...

I just remembered I forgot to wish your sweet grand a Happy Birthday! Have a great upcoming weekend. xo Diana

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Wow, you skied. I haven't done that since I was a teenager. Looks like Kate had a wonderful birthday!