On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Wednesday, October 18, 2017

The Eyes Don't Have It!

Right now I'm experiencing problems with my left eye. Everything looks something like this.


I have had cataract surgery on both eyes and my eyesight is monovision. The left eye is for close up.

This is quite frustrating and for a person who loves to read and spends most of my day reading, whether it's recipes, instructions, a good book, cereal boxes, labels, my iPad or phone, this is BUGGING ME! I have an appointment with the eye doctor next week and am hopeful that if I just rest my eye until then, maybe the problem will correct itself. My eyesight has never been something I take for granted and to even think of the possibility of not being able to read is very scary.

What else is there to do if you can't read?

5 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Oh- I am so sorry, Connie. That is downright scary. I remember being asked one time which of my senses I valued the most and it was/is my eyesight. I hope it is alright before long. xo Diana

Susie said...

Nonnie, I hope your eye will correct itself. I need a cataract surgery soon. I have my annual eye appointment next month and I will be talking to the DR about it. I do not sew or read as much I would like because of eye strain. So I am praying for you. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Chatty Crone said...

Okay I have to have cataract surgery and I was thinking March - but you had both at the same time? What is mono-vision? Did you ask the doctor or tell him it is blurry? I will be interested and PRAYING! We want to be able to
see!

Terri D said...

Oh my. I'm sorry to have no advice for you but I will sure be praying for a good outcome. Glad you have that appointment and I am hopeful it will be an easy fix. Hugs.

Linda said...

Oh no...I am so sorry...I am far sighted and wear bifocals. This would be so frusterating....keeping you in prayer, Connie.