On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Wednesday, October 4, 2017

October Hodgepodge

Hodgepodge Fun!


1. Have you ever spent time on a farm? Not really.
Tell us a little bit about it.
A very little bit at such an early age, I have no recollection. My Dad tried farming when he and Mom were first married, but wasn't able to make a living and so he moved to another state to get a job to support his little family, which included my Mom and me and the new sister who was on the way.
Have you ever grown your own pumpkin? No
Been on a hayride? Yes
Driven a tractor? No
Milked a cow?
No, but I have watched someone else milk a cow. 

2. What's something younger you would like about you now?
I think younger me would appreciate the me who learned to accept her disappointments and is able to be content with the things she can't control.

3. What are three things you'd like to do more often? 
  1. Visit my family out of state.
  2. Be with our out-of-town grandsons
  3. De-clutter around the house.
Three things you'd like to do less often?
  1. Stop watching old reruns. I confess. I don't really watch them. They are just background noise. Ugh!
  2. Facebook
  3. Not eat so much. 
4. What's on your nachos? Beef, beans, cheese, jalapeƱos.

5. What's the most random thing in your purse or wallet? Pill container
Does it need to stay there? No. It's never used.

6. Insert your own random thought here.

Why were numbers 2 and 3 so difficult for me to answer? For number 2, I wasn't sure I understood the question, and number 3, I can't seem to come up with anything.

I got my hair cut today. It probably wasn't a smart move on my part since we are having our pictures made this weekend. I love the girl who cuts my hair, but she keeps the TV on the news and watches it as she cuts my hair and gets quite emotional. I like talking with her about current events, but I wish I could find a way to kindly ask her to turn off the TV. While I don't want to hurt her feelings, I'm going to try next time I'm in for a haircut.


Heavenly Father, We don't always understand the world that we live in today. It can be confusing, frustrating, and terrifying.

Your Word says "Even the darkness will not be dark to you; the night will shine like the day, for darkness is as light to you." We ask that You would move in the midst of the darkness and chaos and turn it around for Your purposes. We pray that the victims of terror would draw near to You in the midst of the tribulations they are facing. Your Word says the Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.

We pray for those who are seeking the Truth through the turmoil. Deuteronomy 4:29 says, "But if from there you seek the Lord your God, you will find him if you seek him with all your heart and with all your soul." And we pray for those who are enemies of the cross. No one is out of Your reach. Your Son Jesus came to seek and save the lost. We pray for those who persecute You that they would find You and know the peace of God.

Help us to remember that You are always in control. When all else fails, You never will. You are faithful and steadfast through trials and tribulations. May we never forget that. We call upon Your power and grace today and ask for You to bring peace, healing, and justice in the midst of the chaos happening around the world today and pray this in Jesus' name. Amen


Adapted from Praying for Peace in Times of Terror at Leading the Way




10 comments:

Joyce said...

I left a stylist who was just too distracted while cutting my hair. I don't want a tv in a salon. I want quiet. Thanks for sharing that prayer. I know my faith is what sustains me in a world that often feels chaotic, and I feel so deeply for people trying to navigate it all on their own.

Preppy Empty Nester said...

Beautiful prayer. Enjoy your week.

Sue said...

Beautiful prayer, so much going on now, and much to pray about.
When I get my hair cut I like for my stylist to concentrate on my hair! Thanks for sharing.
Blessings
Sue

Chatty Crone said...

Girl you do need to ask her somehow to not to watch - tell her you have a headache or something.

Beautiful prayer.

Debbie said...

AMEN! to your prayer. It is such a hard world right now and we need Him more than ever. And I am afraid I would have already spoken up about the TV, lol. Just not the place for it,lol. I struggled with number 2 as well and answered it two different ways...honestly I am still not sure I got it right! Enjoy your day!

Debby Ray said...

I agree with you about #2 for sure...I wasn't sure I was understanding it at first. I think your answer was a good one! Love the prayer at the end!

Terri D said...

It was an interesting Hodgepodge this week (well, it usually is interesting). Thank you for sharing that lovely prayer and scripture. It is hard, sometimes, in this world to just trust in the Lord but it is what we need to do!

Susie said...

Nonnie, Thanks for the prayer. We do need it. I have had to stop watching so much news...it really is so sad.
Hope your hair cut will be nice in the pictures. Just smile real Big . :) Blessings for a nice weekend, xoxo, Susie

NanaDiana said...

Connie- I can tell you how to milk a cow-if you are ever anxious to learn...lol...I milked MORE THAN my share as a kid! lol
Love the Hodgepodge. I, too, keep the news on in the background while I am working...but turn it off if anyone pops in. lol
That could be a little scary having your haircut by someone that is crying on your scalp. lol
Have a great night- xo Diana

Capri K @ No Whining Allowed said...

Loved your prayer, the man meant it for evil but God can use it for good.
I also wish to wish to be closer to family and not eat so much!!!