On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Friday, October 6, 2017

Friday Foto Friends

Friday Foto Friends!



Monday evening we had dinner with friends and as we left the restaurant, the sky was amazing. 


All those light posts get in the way of capturing this sunset. I couldn't wait to get home to check out the view from the backyard. So beautiful!




After enjoying that magnificent display, we went inside for our Monday night meeting of the minds with friends and afterward to enjoy the delicious treats Alice brought for us to celebrate DH's birthday. Cherry pie is his favorite and hers are the best. She also brought along six homemade cream puffs! Wow! What a woman! 




We are looking forward to this weekend as our daughter and family will be coming to visit and all the family will be going to the Great Wolf Lodge Saturday. The kids are very excited about this. Me? Not so much. Just praying that the experience won't be too hard on DH. I will be baking a cake for him tomorrow. This week was his birthday and also our anniversary.

Now, here is something I want to be sure to record in my photo journal because it was something special to me this week.

In my search for a word from the Lord this week about something, I went to my old NKJV to read Isaiah 40:31, one of my most comforting verses.

As I looked at the page in my Bible, I saw I had written beside the word wait, "bind themselves to" and the visual that came to me immediately about binding myself to the Lord was my friend Liz strapped to Gabe who took her skydiving. Because Liz is a quadriplegic, she was literally strapped to him and it was Gabe who took the 14,000 foot jump and she went with him because she was "bound" to him.



That is what I have with God, I am bound to Him and His word says, "But those who wait "bind themselves to" the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint." When I bind myself to the Lord, I can trust in Him to take care of me. I can have His strength. I can soar. I can run. I can walk. And because it is He who strengthens me, I can do all things. I depend on Him.





12 comments:

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Wow! This was so good. I love the way you remember one of my favorite verses..."when we BIND OURSELVES TO THE LORD"..."wait" on the Lord...wow! That IS powerful...and pictures of your quadriplegic friend and her hubby doing that skydive together...amazing image to depict this verse. Thank you. I will remember this! Love the sunset pictures...you have an amazing place to view them. Hope your DH has a wonderful birthday with family surrounding him. That is the best part. Oh, that cherry pie and homemade cream puffs? Wow!!! I would LOVE to have some of that!!! Your whole post has made me smile today. Praying for your weekend to be positively blessed in every way. God is with you.

Susie said...

Nonnie, Happy birthday to DH and I wish you a Happy Anniversary too. I always find some comfort here on your blog. Thank you. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Colleen Looseleaf said...

The sky shots are amazing. Pie look good too!

Terri D said...

So meaningful and so well illustrated!! That sky scene from your backyard is breathtaking!

Cathy said...

I love that thought of being bound to Him. Thank you for sharing.

Happy Birthday to your husband and Happy Anniversary to you both!!

Trudy said...

Being bound to Him is so beautiful. With so many different meanings.

Sandi said...

Love those rays of hope in the first photos!

But the skydiving made my heart jump...yiiiikes.

NanaDiana said...

Those rays in your first pictures are what we always call God Light. Beautiful capture.
That is a wonderful connection about binding that you wrote, Connie. My son has skydived quite a bit and his best friend has been an instructor for about 20 years now.

Hope you have a blessed weekend...and can enjoy the lodge (waterpark). lol Get on an innertube and don't leave the lazy river...it can be very relaxing. lol xo Diana

annie said...

Amazing! Both the photos and the story. Awesome.

Elizabeth "Libby" Day said...

How interesting that you would write about "waiting" today. The Lord put me in a waiting period a few years ago. Just this morning, I pulled out my journal from that year, and it blessed my heart to read what all the Lord was teaching me during that time. I wish I had thought about the "binding ourselves to the Lord" being synonymous with waiting upon Him. Such a beautiful thought and so perfectly illustrated by your friend being bound to her protector. Thank you for this today. We will be going to Grandparent's Day at Prestonwood next Friday. I look forward to a time when we can meet.

Breathing In Grace said...

Oh, Nonnie, this is beautiful... what a wonderful way to explain being bound to the Lord! Hope your hubby has a great weekend and doesn't overdo. Take care, dear Lady.

Toni said...

Beautiful sky and sunset photos Nonnie. Isn't waiting on The Lord wonderful! I enjoyed reading your post very much. Have a blessed weekend.