On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Friday, October 20, 2017

Friday Foto Friends

Friday Foto Friends!



From my walk this morning, even though there were somewhat gray skies, it was still pretty.


The heavens are always declaring the glory of God.

Last week Mary shared photos from around her home, so I decided to look around and see what there might be to share this morning. I solemnly promise not to post all of them.

We have so much light in our house it's difficult to get pictures without glare.
(You can see me taking the picture and other things on the opposite wall!)
The Scripture here is "we have this treasure in jars of clay."
I love this verse. The Treasure of the Holy Spirit Himself dwells
in this jar of clay.


This sits in a basket on the kitchen counter.
Another favorite passage to remind me of God's love
and how my love should be toward others.

This old picture is from my Great-Grandmother Sanders who pastored a church in Oklahoma City in the 1930's before moving to Arkansas. The church gifted it to Sister Sanders. The picture holds  sentimental reason for me because it came from a heart of love and appreciation to her from her congregation and because the prayer and cries of Jesus weeping over Jerusalem breaks my heart after His people rejected Him. 


This framed graphic sits on the bookcase directly in front of me as each new day I am reminded of His truth.


I have no greater joy than to know my children walk with the Lord.
My friend carved this verse into the strip of wood for me for Christmas one year. She and I both prayed this for our children. 


My friend also stitched this for me. "I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go." -Abraham Lincoln.
"Be joyful always, pray continually."

This hangs in the foyer as you enter our home.
"And my people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation,
and in safe dwellings, and in quiet resting places."
Isaiah 32:18

I know this verse speaks of our future, but it is also true in our home. I'm thankful for a peaceful home where it is a safe refuge from the chaos of the world.


Heaven!
My absolute favorite!
The heavenly mural is from Precious Moments Chapel.
I love this print and love seeing it all though the day.
1 Thess. 5:16-17




10 comments:

Toni said...

Beautiful sky, photos and wall hangings and praises to Our Lord. Thank you for sharing Nonnie. Have a day of blessings my friend.

Cathy said...

I love all the pictures and quotes in your house. What a wonderful way to be constantly reminded of God's Word. I also love your sky shots from this morning. Beautiful! Hope you have a great weekend.

Sylvia said...

Oh my how good to see the picture portraying Jesus. My Mother had the same one. Brought back memories.

Trudy said...

There is love in your home. I can feel it!

Terri D said...

I'm sure your home feels peaceful the minute you walk into it (or wake up to it!). Beautiful proclamations all around you. Thanks for the tour and also for the lovely skies.

Annie said...

All the pictures and quotes are a wonderful thing to have in your home. How lovely.
I think that sky is beautiful!

Sandi said...

Love the tulips!

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

Your skies are amazing.

NanaDiana said...

You have some wonderful things there that stir memories and bless your heart. I love the saying by Lincoln that your friend stitched for you. Hope you have a wonderful weekend. xo Diana

Breathing In Grace said...

Oh, I love seeing things that other people display in their homes. Yours are so inspirational, and I love the sign from your friend that you prayed for your children. Thanks so much for sharing! HOPE you're having a great weekend.