On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Saturday, July 28, 2018

Saturday 9: Love is All Around















Linking up today with Sam for Saturday 9: Love Is All Around (1970) Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) This week's song is the theme from The Mary Tyler Moore Show, a sitcom that originally aired from 1970 to 1977. Were you a fan? Yes, we loved this show back in the day!

2) The song tells us that Mary Richards can turn the world on with her smile. Yet the real-life Mary Tyler Moore said she was uncomfortable with her "wide mouth." If you could improve on one of your facial features, which would you choose? It would have to be my eyes. My eyelids could use a lift!

3) We also hear that Mary can "take a nothing day and suddenly make it all seem worthwhile." What do you think makes a day "a nothing day?" A nothing day would have to be one in which I felt I wasted time or felt a little off. But really, no day is a nothing day. Every day is a gift and to make a day worthwhile would be to live each day for God and adopt an attitude of gratitude that honors Him. 

4) Mary works in the newsroom at WJM. Her desk is neat as a pin. Are you neat? Or do you lean to the sloppy side? I am fairly neat. When I worked, my desk did not look neat as a pin. It never did. Working on too many projects at one time meant having several things spread across my desk. However, at home, my house is neat with everything in its place … unless the kids are here. Then it is not so neat!

5) Mary's best friend, Rhoda, worked as a window dresser at Hempel's department store. What department store did you most recently shop at? I guess it was Kohl's. What did you buy? A pair of capris and a pair of shorts.

6) Mary Richards lived in Minneapolis. What city is nearest to where you are right now? Dallas

7) Originally the part of Mary Richards was written as a divorcee, but in 1970, there were no TV shows that centered around a divorced woman. Think about the women in your life. Are most of them married, divorced, single or widowed? Most all of my friends are married, although a couple are divorced.

8) The MTM production company logo featured a mewing kitten. The cat was found in a Minneapolis shelter, and, after her sequence was shot, she was adopted by a crew member who named her Mimsie. What's the name of the last cat -- or dog or hamster or rabbit -- that you petted? My dog Annie! There's no avoiding her!!


I think this is the sweetest!

9) Random question -- Would you rather have a job that kept you seated on your fanny or standing on your feet? I worked for 45 years sitting in front of a typewriter, desk, computer! Six months of that time I worked standing as a teller in a bank. Three days of that time I stood on my feet chopping vegetables for a party. I will take sitting any time because you aren't constantly sitting - you do get up and run around a bunch! The three days I stood chopping vegetables made my back feel as though it was going to break.

10 comments:

Stacy said...

I want my eyelids lifted, too. Some days I am convinced that if they droop any lower my eyes will manage to be closed even when they are open!

Elizabeth "Libby" Day said...

That is the sweetest picture. Dogs and children both need love and show it like no other. Enjoy your weekend.

The Gal Herself said...

Kohl's is my go-to now for clothes. My favorite, Carson's (Bergner's, Bon-Ton or Younker's, depending on where you live) is going out of business, and while I could probably get some deals there, all those yellow-and-black GOING OUT OF BUSINESS signs are too sad. My Target store is one of those city ones, and it's really a grocery store with an electronics aisle.

Susie said...

Nonnie, Sitting all day is not easy...but standing on our feet all day is much worse. I love the pictures. Annie has eyebrows. So cute. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

zippiknits...sometimes said...

The only healthy day includes sitting and walking and standing like a normal human does. Any job that makes you do an excess of any of it is purely torture.
What an adorable little bundle of fur Annie is.
Like you, I try to use every day as a time to enjoy being alive.

I am Harriet said...

I shop at Kohl's online. I hate going to the store because they will have racks of clothing that I like only the clothing will be in only one size. So frustrating...

Dianna said...

Oh my, dear Connie. I loved your answer to #3! Love the pictures of Annie...especially the one of her and Jack.

CountryDew said...

Standing jobs are hard, especially as you age.

Terri D said...

Lots of us evidently need our eyelids lifted! I'm with you! I also think we all prefer sitting to standing. This was a fun 9 and I enjoyed reading your answers!

Chatty Crone said...

Everyone I know shops Kohl's and loves it.
Your grandson and pup are adorable.
I had a friend in bible study have plastic surgery on her eyelids - Medicare paid for it somehow - just FYI. Mine is my triple chin.
I have to say for me - my desk is neat.
I loved the MTM show.
Sandie♥