On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Monday, July 30, 2018

Another Problem Down

The project: A few years ago, my DH started a new project, which I told about here. It was a fun project for him for a while and plants were growing, but after a year or so, he lost interest due to his waning strength and lack of energy. It was just too much. 

How it looked!

The Problem: So, now all the aquaponics stuff in our back yard became eyesores and a breeding ground for mosquitoes and other critters. So I started in my quest to clean up the yard and with the help of our lawn guys and friends have made progress. Thinking about this stuff kept me awake at nights, but I'm happy to say that I might now be seeing a light at the end of the tunnel.

How to get rid of this stuff? after many months of searching, I finally located the guy who had been teaching DH about aquaponics to see if he knew anybody who might want the equipment, stuff, whatever you want to call it! Thank the Lord, yes!

The Panacea: An entity that does micro farming nearby could use it in the expansion of their farm. Today, I helped these guys as best I could to get this all loaded up on their pickup trucks and "roll these burdens away!"

And off they went!!!

The little brownish red balls are "Plant-It" Hydroton media and the plants grow in it as opposed to soil. The water tank below holds the little fish that somehow fertilize. There must have been thousands of these little clay balls. Darned if I understand how it all works!

The Praise: Little by little, step by step, the problems are being tackled and the Lord is making ways for me and bringing help in clearing this stuff out! The message at church this morning had to do with trust. I know from the past all the ways the Lord has seen me through and I know He will do it again. It's just that sometimes in the darkness and stillness of the night the problems seem to be magnified. I have to remind myself of the great things God has already done and trust His goodness, love and faithfulness to bring me to maturity as I walk by faith.

The Panic: A few minutes ago, I decided to go out and inspect the area they had cleared out and as I turned the corner of the house, I thought I saw something move. I looked, but didn't see anything. Then as I picked up a couple of screens, I saw a rat go along the fence, and ... Oh. My. Gosh! SNAKE! There is no pic of the snake as I turned myself around and ran out of there as fast as I could. You better believe it'll be a few days before I work up the nerve to go back over to that side of the house.

I will not think about that tonight!!
I will not think about that tonight!!
I will not think about that tonight!! … 



11 comments:

Susie said...

Nonnie, I had to laugh...bless your heart. That would be a huge load off your mind. Do you think maybe the snake was after the rat? They are good for that. I hope it was. I'd almost rather have a snake than a rat. LOL. Hope you rest tonight. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Terri D said...

The snake probably just lost his hide-away! It will be gone by morning, I'm sure. I'm really glad you found some help and can cross off another task. Congratulations!!

Chatty Crone said...

I would have run too - I don't like snakes.

So you have started projects that you can't finish either - I have done that once or twice myself. At first it makes you sick...But once you make the decision - you feel a lot better.
It feels good to clean out the house - but the problem here is - once there is a hole - it gets filled up again.
sandie

Elizabeth "Libby" Day said...

This was such an interesting post, Nonnie, and what an interesting project your DH had going. As I read, even through your anxiety about what to do, I could see God moving. He brought the right people to mind and a means of giving you the solution you needed. I don't know that He had anything to do with the rat and snake, but sometimes we have to deal with uncomfortable consequences even after God has cleaned up something unwanted in our lives. Well that is my spiritual lesson for the night. Have a great week.

Visits With Mary said...

I am so frightened by snakes, believe me I would have ran as fast as I could, probably screaming my head off. Glad you got away safely.

Toni said...

Oh my Nonnie, I would have ran faster than you LOL! I have a fear of all slimy creepy crawly things. This is the first time I've heard of aquaponics. I found it interesting and it looks like a lot of work. Take care and have a day of blessings my friend.

Cathy said...

I'm not sure which would have scared me more, the snake or the rat! lol So glad you are getting things accomplished. I have many tasks around our place we need to get done. It can all be so overwhelming sometimes.

Annsterw said...

Hi Nonnie! Hilarious! The rat snake will find a new home by this evening! He probably used to live under that equipment! HA! Got rid of it and he will leave too! Never heard of any of that hydoponics stuff - very interesting! Have a great week minus a snake!!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Praying for you.

God bless.

Dianna said...

I'm glad that the Lord gave you direction in your thinking about who to contact and how one thing led to another. He is wonderful in helping us! About that snake...I'm glad you didn't take the time to get a picture. xx

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Glad you got that taken care of and I pray that whatever critters are there will leave soon!!!!