On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Wednesday Hodgepodge


1.Describe your 30's in one sentence. If you're not yet 30 tell us one thing you hope to accomplish once you hit that particular decade.

My 30's were life changing in about five major dramatic ways!!



The happiest change in my 30's!

2. Is it harder for you to exercise or eat healthy?

Probably exercising is a bigger challenge. I love to walk, but the weather doesn't always cooperate. 

3. June 7th is National VCR Day. Huh? Anyway this reminded me of something I saw on Facebook listing household items we no longer have and the VCR was on it. I couldn't put my hands on that list, but found another list here of 21 items we all had ten years ago, but which are now obsolete-

bookshelves  (WHAT!!???), drip coffee makers no, alarm clocks, file cabinets, desktop computers, printers, printed phone books, answering machines, fax machines no, paper shredders, a Rolodex no, CD racks, CD burners, china cabinets, home phones, entertainment consoles. No, DVD players, calculators no, takeout menus, incandescent light bulbs, and cable TV no

Your thoughts? How many on the list do you still have? Still use?

A shorter list would be what I don't have: drip coffee maker, rolodex, fax machine, entertainment console and calculators. We never had cable. 



I have many VCR Disney tapes such as Snow White, Cinderella, etc. I will not get rid of them until the VCR player gives out. We still have a landline with an answering machine which I unplugged and ignore. I was sad that my new laptop didn't have a CD burner and my new car has no CD player!! Are you kidding me? I do like being able to plug in my phone though and listen to what's on my phone or Pandora while in the car. 
4. What's something you see disappearing in the next ten years?



Will computers as we know them be replaced by something else in some way? I suspect the cassette tapes, VCR tapes and CDs will be antiques and it will be impossible to find them or a way to play them. CDs will probably never have the value that LP albums have. 
5. How did you celebrate your birthday this past year? We went out for Mexican food with the kids and grandkids. Also lunches with several different friends. Is that typical? Yes

6. Insert your own random thought here.

These were short and sweet answers today. I have so many books on Kindle, but also on bookshelves as well. People say I should get rid of the books, but sometimes I remember something from a book and like to just walk over and pick it up to see. I also like seeing books on bookshelves.

We finally got some wonderful, much needed rain. Jack was staying with us for a few days and he was singing Rain, Rain, Go Away as I sang Stay, Stay!! Then he wanted to play in the rain and I told him to go for it! He was thrilled to run around and around in the yard. So much joy and freedom. I took a couple of pics from the video. I also let him play in the neighbor's sprinkler while we were playing Horse with the basketball. 


You can't tell, but it was pouring. Beautiful sight and sound!

  
Okay! Now I'm wet!
These are pj's I bought for him which are way too big!




13 comments:

Susie said...

Nonnie, I still have so many of the things on that list. LOL. I love the VHS tapes...we have cartoons for the children. LOL So funny to think about, as they can see cartoons any time. Love your pictures. I used to let my girls play in the rain like that. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Debby Ray said...

I remember playing in the rain as a kid...nothing like it! I will gladly send you some of our rain...we have had more than out share recently although for the past few days it has been lovely! Just hope it doesn't rain on our train ride!

Cranberry Morning said...

I loved playing in the rain when I was a kid! And btw, pay no attention to those people who advise to get rid of books. I certainly don't! :-)

Joyce said...

We've had some much needed sunshine here so everyone is happy. My plants were floating! I read on the Kindle sometimes, but most of the time I like to hold a real book in my hand. There is something so satisfying about that and I dont' get the same feeling from my Kindle. Have a great day!

Elizabeth "Libby" Day said...

You are a good grandmother and there is no wonder your grands enjoy being with you. The time you spend with them, doing things they like to do and your obvious love for them, will be their memory treasure. I still have cassette tapes that can't be played anymore, and a ton of record albums, so wonder what will happen to all the CD's and VHS tapes we've collected. It's always a new day with new changes.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

How wonderful that the changes in your 30's were all so positive. I do love having a computer with a CD burner. I think most of us in a certain age group are going strong with most of those items listed. I love the looks of books on a shelf. I have a large collection of CD's. I'm condensing them to small books that will hold them all and I can toss their cases. Looks like Jack had fun in the rain.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Playing in the rain is was fun! I remember doing that as a kid myself. We’ve had a combination of rain and sun but the temps have been really cold for us. Got up this morning to temps in the 40’s.

WW said...

I have a kindle, but I never use it, at least not for reading books. I love the feel of an actual book in my hands, I love seeing how much I have left to read, and I love putting requests in and checking books out from the library.

Cranberry Morning said...

Thanks so much for your nice comment. For some reason, Blogger isn't forwarding comments to my email today. Anyway, funny how we notice a nice smile. And I only keep Netflix because of The Crown, Father Brown, and Doctor Blake. :-)

Sandi said...

"The happiest change in my 30's!"

:-) me too, at 33.

I am your newest Follower, Nonnie!

Stacy said...

We have had lots of rain this Spring and now it's chilly. Today's high was only in the 60's and it's to go down in the 40's tonight! I'm sure the heat and humidity will return soon enough, though....and then I will be wanting to join your grandson at playing in the rain.

Karen said...

I remember dancing in the rain after a LONG dry spell in Georgia many years ago. Glad you got through the storm safely.