Linking up this Saturday with Samantha for the Saturday 9 questions: Get the questions here, answer on your blog and share on Saturday with other linkers!
Saturday 9: Beautiful People (2019)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) This song is about the fantasy of being one of the "beautiful people," but how hollow the reality can be. Do you often find yourself envying others for what they have? I am very content, however, I do envy those sometimes who have found a place to settle in their retirement years.
2) Ed Sheeran sings that he and his girl don't fit in well because they're "just ourselves." Who among your close friends do you find it easiest to be "just yourself?" I guess the closest would be my sister-in-law, we are very close. And after that my good friends Connie, Alice, Cindy, and Victoria.
3) The lyrics refer to Hummers and Lamborghinis. What's your dream ride? Maybe somebody with a nice car who would drive me around wherever I wanted to go. That would be a dream ride!
4) Ed believes in giving back. One cause he supports is No Cold Homes, which helps ensure that everyone in the English city of Bristol has the fuel needed to keep their homes safe and comfortable. Here in the United States, he's raised funds for Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center. Is there a cause that's near and dear to your heart?
We have given for many years and will continue to do so as long as possible to the mission work being done by our good friends in Nicaragua. NACE (Nicaragua Advances in Christian Education) was formed in 2013 with the specific mission of supporting the work in Nicaragua and helping the missionaries that work there. Its primary function was the establishment and running of a Christian school in Nueva Guinea (about 5 hours southeast of Managua, the capital). The older children are excelling in all the classes and in sports also, winning many awards.
Award winning team
5) Ed's arms are covered in tattoos, so clearly he doesn't suffer from trypanophobia, or a fear of needles. How about you? Do you look away when the doctor gives you a shot? I do look away, only because I figure if I don’t see it, it won’t hurt. I seldom and bothered by shots. It’s when they take blood that’s kind of hard sometimes if they can’t find a good vein.
6) One of Ed's tattoos is a bottle of Heinz Ketchup. What condiments would we find if we peeked into your refrigerator this morning?
The usual mustard, mayonnaise, and ketchup.
7) Ed is a natural redhead, a trait he shares with only 2% of the population. Does red hair run in your family? No, but our nephew married a young lady who apparently red hair does run in their family and his two children are both redheads.
8) In 2019, when this song was released, the FDA recommended the approval of a drug for treating peanut allergies in children. Do you suffer from any food allergies, or sensitivities?
9) Random question: What of these do you think is the biggest contributing factor to success -- hard work, luck or talent? I think hard work and talent work together.