On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Hodgepodge Wednesday

1. What's something you could do today to feel more peaceful? The thing I do every day, first thing. Read my Bible, pray.

2. June 2nd is National Rotisserie Chicken day. Who knew? Are you a fan of rotisserie chicken? Yes, I think it’s delicious. You've purchased one at your local market for tonight's dinner. Will you serve as is or make something else using the chicken? I would use it to make something such as chicken pot pie or chicken salad.

3. I read a list recently (go here to read more) of 20 of the most beautiful places in America. How many of these have you seen up close and in person? Of the sites on this list that you haven't seen, which would you most like to see?

Antelope Canyon Arizona, Kenai Fjords Alaska, White Mountains New Hampshire, Crater Lake Oregon, The Palouse Washington and Idaho, Grand Prismatic Spring Wyoming, Multnomah Falls and Columbia River Gorge Oregon, Horsehoe Bend Arizona, Na Pali Coast Kauai Hawaii, Antelope Valley California, Lake Tahoe California, The Berkshires Massachussets, Maroon Bells Colorado, Angel Oak South Carolina, Acadia National Park Maine, Grand Teton National Park Wyoming, Turnip Rock Michigan, Central Park New York City, Niagara Falls New York, and Skagit Valley Tulip Fields Washington

Kenai Fjords Alaska, Multnomah Falls and Columbia River Gorge Oregon, Na Pali Coast Kauai Hawaii, Lake Tahoe California, Acadia National Park Maine, Grand Teton National Park Wyoming, Central Park New York City, Niagara Falls New York.


Grand Tetons
4. What's one pretty spot you'd add to the list in question #3? I would have to add Glacier Park, Montana, and there are so many other beautiful places to see. It surprises me that I didn’t see many of the places on this list because we have visited most of the states. 




Are there travel plans of any kind on your calendar right now? No. Does that make you happy, anxious, excited, sad, or relieved? It makes me both sad and relieved. It doesn’t sound like a good idea to fly anywhere and I don’t relish the idea of doing a road trip by myself. I am longing to visit my family in Oklahoma, but this isn’t a good time. Also, a visit to Arkansas would be on my list.

5. Tell us one un-COVID related thing you're looking forward to in the month of June. A fellowship dinner with these lovely Bible Study Fellowship leaders.



6. Insert your own random thought here. My life right now is very quiet and there are probably many things I should be doing to prepare for the future, but instead, I find myself doing menial chores, reading, resting, enjoying time with friends, and generally taking care of business. It's also good to simply enjoy your own back yard.


It's in full bloom now and I wish it would stay that way.

This windspinner is pretty to watch.

Sunsets always capture my attention and bring me pleasure.

And wowee!!! My neighbors down the street just came down to put a new net on my raggedy basketball goal. The kids will be so happy!



13 comments:

Jayne said...

I would love to see the wind spinner in action!
I agree that travel plans are making me feel a bit worried. I think I am quite happy to stay at home for a bit longer.
Hope you have a lovely week.

Susie said...

Nonnie, I have thought of you so often. You are in my prayers. How very kind of the neighbors to put up a new net. Blessings, stay safe, xoxo, Susie

Theresa said...

That is a stunning sunset and your backyard looks so peaceful. What kind neighbors you have. Our basketball net looks filthy compared to yours. We have a bird that likes to perch there and currently has been dirtying our daughter's car (which is parked beneath it) each day. Need to find a way to keep him away. So glad to see you are able to gather with friends. Hopefully we will be doing that here soon.

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Love that windspinner! Where does your family live in Oklahoma? Our daughter and family are right outside OKC. We went the first week of May when Ok. opened up and will go back in August. Blessings to you as you keep on keeping on!

songbird's crazy world said...

That sunset is amazing

Cathy said...

I love your windspinner. We just ordered one from Amazon and hubby and I put it together last night. It has a solar LED light that changes color and is so pretty after dark and the spinners are beautiful in the daylight. So glad you got to have dinner with your friends from Bible Study. That is so awesome. I'm looking forward to when we can do that again.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I admire your dedication to your Bible. Two beautiful photos for those great parks. Enjoy your gathering. I'm with you on the minimal stuff I've been doing.

Joyce said...

I was also surprised I hadn't been to more places. We travel a lot and love the National Parks, but more for my list I suppose. Now if only we could go somewhere! I read about people doing big projects and accomplishing a lot, but I have not felt motivated for that type of activity during this strange time. I think maintaining the basic housekeeping tasks and meals and not setting lofty goals right now is okay. Stay well!

Terri D said...

That wind spinner is really something! I would love to see it spinning! The kiddos will enjoy the new net on the BB goal! How exciting that you will be having dinner with your fellowship group!! I hope you get to make your trips later this season. You need to do it. xoxox

Chatty Crone said...

I totally agree - I wish EVERYONE would stop and pray right now!

Susan said...

That wind spinner is so cool! How do you put a border on your pictures? It looks cool! Praying at night is so calming to me.

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Love your pictures of the sunset and your lovely back yard, and I LOVE that wind spinner! I would love one like that! I love to watch them spin! You have really done some traveling to see so many of those places. The only one I have truthfully seen is the White Mountains of NH, as we actually lived right there in the valley of those mountains. They truly are beautiful, especially in the fall! But I wasn't so fond of them in the winter, hence, I am glad we live in Florida now! I know, it is hard to think about taking any trips right now. There is still too much that needs to "calm down" before we can go anywhere. Praying things will get better by fall. I know you are looking forward to your BSF groups starting up again. That will truly be a blessing for all of you. Take care and God bless you my friend.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I've never seen such a pretty windspinner! It must be beautiful with the sun shines. Enjoy your Sunday!