On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Wednesday, July 1, 2020

A Starry Hodgepodge

1. Are you currently making plans of any kind? Yes. What kind? To sell my house and move. What emotions are associated with the planning process? Agonizing sentimental feelings and indecision mixed with excitement. Tell us about one plan you had to cancel due to the current situation which shall remain nameless. Ha! Haha!!! Just one?? Well, this very week a celebration for the 4th of July had to be canceled. 


I'm sorry for the kids that didn't get to have the standard graduation celebration, but most of the stories I've heard, they were able to come up with creative ideas. Also, people who haven't been able to have the wedding they wanted. My brother's friends had a wedding planned in Ireland for their son, which had to be canceled due to this current nameless situation. What disappointments for families who had loved ones pass away. And the other disappointments such as canceling vacations. My disappointments have been small in comparison. 

2. Last time you saw stars, either literally or figuratively? Hmmmm. I have to think about that. It's been a long time. 

3. Blueberries yay or nay? Blueberry pie, blueberry muffins, blueberry yogurt, blueberries by the handful...what's your pleasure? All of it!!! I've been eating blueberries for breakfast in my cereal. Blueberry muffins are so delish when they are fresh out of the oven (speaking of ovens, I cleaned both of mine yesterday!!)!! Here is the recipe "To Die For Blueberry Muffins". Truthfully, I don't understand naming any food "to die for" as no food is worth dying for.



4. swim against the tide, swimming upstream, in the swim, sink or swim, makes your head swim...choose one of the 'swim' idioms listed and tell us how/why you relate? Getting the house ready … so much to do!! And as mentioned above, trying to make a decision truly makes my head swim. I like what Joyce mentioned to me before about letting it percolate in my mind. It is!!

5. Sum up your June in a single sentence. All in all, it's been fairly pleasant and so I can't complain.

6.  Insert your own random thought here. I've had several things going lately, mostly work around the house and feeling a great sense of accomplishment. Yesterday we realized I'm the queen of shredding!!! But I did go over to see Sara and her family and took them out for dinner for Noah's birthday. 






He is 12 today (Tuesday)!

An unusual sunset on one of the Sahara Sand nights



13 comments:

Tiny Toadstool Cottage said...

Happy birthday to Noah! I hope your plans to sell the house all work out. It is certainly a difficult decision to make as there are always reasons to go or to stay.

Elizabeth "Libby" Day said...

The good thing about the Sahara Dust has been amazing sunsets we've had. Other than that, I'm ready for it to move on out. I'm still praying for affirmation and peace about your decisions to move, when, where and how. It will come. So glad you got to spend time with that handsome 12 year old.

Cathy said...

Happy Birthday to Noah and I love that last photo of the sky. How beautiful! How exciting and scary to be moving!

Have a great day!

Martha said...

Happy birthday to Noah and good luck with getting everything ready for the move. Great photos! :)

Stacy said...

Oh gosh, I can't imagine having to clear out my house to sell it. So many memories stored up in these walls and then there's a lifetime of accumulated stuff. I am horrible at deciding what to let go of. Have a blessed 4th!

Terri D said...

Seems Noah had a good birthday! They grow up so fast. I'm excited for you getting ready to move and start a new chapter in your life. Thanks for keeping us posted! You are in my prayers!!

Chatty Crone said...

Happy birthday Noah.
I do hope that moving will be good - moving forward I hope. A change I know.
I love everything blueberry too - they are so good for you.
I hope your house comes together!!
sandie

Joyce said...

Happy birthday to Noah! He's a cute : ) I love your sky photo. I see a beautiful sky and wonder how anyone can doubt God exists. Wishing you a happy 4th!

ellen b. said...

Happy Birthday to Noah. Handsome young man. Oh boy there are so many plans to make involved in a move. Hope you can sort through things well. Weddings, Graduations and funerals really were hit hard in this mess we are in. So hard. I do hope July will bring good news for all of us!

Mevely317 said...

Happy Birthday, Noah! No matter the side-steps, I love how the business of life marches on. I remember so much chaos -- both mental and physical -- when we up and moved across country. Staples/Office Depot shredding services were a God-send. Deep breaths!

Susan said...

Happy Birthday to Noah! I know how much work it is to let go of things before moving. It was so hard I had to pack things and bring it with me and still sorting. It takes time. That sunset picture is really nice!

Jeanette said...

Happy Birthday to your grandson! We sold out house a few years ago and I was pretty sentimental about it! I did feel bad for the high school seniors I knew who had proms and other senior events cancelled!

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Oh happy birthday to your grandson Noah! He's 12, and my grandson Noah will be 21 this October! I can't believe it. It seems like yesterday he was like your cute Noah. They grow up way too fast. I will be praying for you as you decide about selling your house, etc. Do you have ideas for where you want to live when you sell? I know that has to be a very big and difficult decision for you. I will definitely be praying. Please keep us posted on your progress. Blueberry muffins, pie, fresh on yogurt, cereal, etc. Yes, when they are fresh we love blueberries!! Happy 4th of July. I know it will be a lot different this year for all of us.