On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Looking Through Rose Colored Hodgepodge Glasses

1. This time last year where were you? Very interesting question. This time last year we were enjoying thunderstorms as we are today. So thankful for so much rain in June. Also, we were celebrating Father’s Day in as much as our son had to work on Father’s Day. And, we were saying goodbye to longtime friends who were moving to another state, and sad to say, we are again saying goodbye to friends who have moved away.  Our close circle of friends is dwindling, but thankfully, new friends have been added.

2. In honor of National Pink Day (June 23rd) tell us your favorite pink food or beverage. I can’t think of any pink food that I might enjoy, other than a strawberry cake maybe? Or an occasional rose wine? Was it on the menu at your house yesterday? No. Do you like to wear the color pink? I like to wear pink in the summer if I have a tan.

 

Something must have been funny!!

If we came to visit would we find this color in your home decor? No. Blush-fuschia-salmon-raspberry-your favorite shade of pink? Raspberry.

3. Stop and smell the roses, looking through rose colored glasses, a rose by any other name, not all moonlight and roses, no rose without a thorn...which rosy saying currently fits your life in some way? Looking through rose colored glasses. Explain. I have already shared that I am pondering a move. I need to get out of my big house into something smaller. The thought of a move is exciting, but the thought of actually making it happen not so much. I’m thinking about moving out of state, and that’s likely where I’m looking through rose colored glasses as it probably is not that practical or going to be easy. 

4. Are you a 'reader'? Love to read. Do you tend to read lighter books in the summer months? Not necessarily. Do you have a summer reading list? Yes. If so, give us a title or two. The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah, Lost Roses by the lady who wrote the Lilac Girls, and bedtime reading is Return to Me by Lynn Austin. I highly recommend the two books by the author Martha Hall Kelly, and also The Nightingale. I am also reading through the 90 day plan for the New Testament.

5. Share with us one rose and one thorn from your weekend. Maybe the rose might be a zoom Shabbat meeting on Friday evening with people in Cabo San Lucas. The thorn would be that except for the Messianic service on Saturday, my weekend was spent alone.

6. Insert your own random thought here. Another rose would be that on Sunday afternoon, I received calls from two friends who called to let me know they were thinking of me on this first Father’s Day without Jay. It meant so much to me to hear their caring voices.

13 comments:

Joyce said...

You look pretty in pink! Sometimes I think being the one to stay when friends move is harder than being the one moving. I’m sure this was a bittersweet Fathers Day. Hugs to you.

Elizabeth "Libby" Day said...

My older and wiser better half suggested that you might think about spending some time in the other state in order to have facts on which to base a final decision about your possible move. Just thought I would pass that on for what its worth. So enjoyed my visit with you and look forward to doing it again.

Stacy said...

I know when we toyed with the idea of moving to another state and an island, a local advised us not to make any decisions until we'd visited many times at all times of the year to see if we truly liked it or were just in love with the vacation season atmosphere. We did love it, but our family and grands are here. I can't leave them.

I'm glad you have good friends who check on you!

Have a blessed day!

Martha said...

I agree with what others said about spending time in the place you are considering moving to. Enjoy the Father's Day celebration today :)

Cathy said...

I've read books by Kristin Hannah and Lynn Austin, but it's been quite awhile. Thanks for reminding me of them. Need to go check my online library.

Susan said...

I like you picture and you look good in pink. We moved to a smaller home 5 years after we retired. I don't miss the stairs even though they were a good form of exercise.

Susie said...

Nonnie, I loved seeing you,your husband and grandchild. That had to have been a good day with the smiles on all faces. You look good in your pink top. Blessings to you, xoxo, Susie

Theresa said...

What a great photo, you look great in pink! Moving is never easy, whether it is us or our friends moving. Funny how a phone call can make all the difference in someone's day. Texts are nice but there is nothing like a real phone call. Have a great week :)

Mevely317 said...

Sweet photo! I'm sounding like Little Sir Echo here, but wholeheartedly agree what others are saying about sampling the new state. A few years ago I struck up a conversation with one of our (resort) guests who was positively gushing about how perfect Arizona felt. In fact, she stated she was going home and putting her place on the market. I think this was April-ish. I cautioned her to come back in July or August before making any decisions, but don't know if she did or not. Just wish someone had warned me about the same thing before I moved there! Never so thankful as when I left, lol!

Chatty Crone said...

I love the color raspberry on you - pictured with you and Jay, it was a beautiful photo.
I didn't know today was National Pink Day - I love pink for breast cancer.
I try to look at things with rose colored glasses - you really only have two choices - bitter or better - right?
I know a year ago last year was really different for you.
Love and hugs, sandie

Terri D said...

I enjoyed reading your Hodgepodge answers, Connie. Big decisions ahead for you! Of course, I have to plug Lakeland, FL but doubt you are thinking of moving this far away! I would love to have you for a neighbor!! You look great in pink! That picture is a keeper, for sure! Love & hugs!! Do keep us posted!

R's Rue said...

Beautiful

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I didn't think about wine. I wouldn't mind a nice White Zinfandel. Moving and downsizing is a big deal. We need to do it but are putting it off right now. So nice to get those phone calls from your friends. ((Hugs))