On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Saturday, November 27, 2021

Two’s company, three’s a crowd. That’s what they say anyway and I know what they’re referring to, but, “crowd” is usually what most people enjoy at Thanksgiving and Christmas gatherings. Our crowd on this past Thursday was three. My brother Phil, his wife Susan, and me. Everyone else was scattered around with other relatives or separated by distance. And although they were missed, still it was OK.


We had a very nice dinner which I, for the most part, prepared and Susan added the vegetables and cleaned up the kitchen. They had just returned from Branson for a quick visit to celebrate Susan‘s birthday and a time of getaway for them before my brother has hip replacement surgery this week.



While they were gone, I kept their dog, Howie. He was somewhat disoriented at first, but he came around and made himself quite comfortable here. 


I think Annie was also disoriented and wishing she were still the main dog here. (Kind of funny to see the luxurious bed Howie has compared to Annie's plain little bed. Hmmmm.)



On Friday, I began to bring down from the attic my Christmas decorations. I discovered the lights weren't working on my larger tree, so I decided to get over to Hobby Lobby and get a new (and smaller) tree. What. Was. I. Thinking!??? Clearly, I was only thinking about the tree because I completely forgot it was "Black Friday." Ugh! Crazy traffic and the parking lots were full. Amazingly enough though, I selected my tree, got through the checkout line, and had my tree in the house within 30 minutes. That is the difference when you live in Tulsa as opposed to the Dallas metroplex. 




I have another tree like this which is my Jessie Tree and I will put an ornament on it each day of Advent. I look forward to this as I read the Scripture for that day and look forward to Christmas.


I’ve already listed in a previous blog most of the things I’m thankful for. The thankful list goes on and on and is never ending because we are so richly blessed. But now another Thanksgiving is in the books and we are moving into Christmas to see what that brings. Life is good, and as I reflect on this past year In a new season of life and a new location, I am amazed at all the wonderful people who have come into my life and how very much I have to be thankful for in this place. For all these things, I give thanks. So hard to believe next week it will be two years since Jay passed. 

This time two years ago, we had just returned from Branson and were celebrating Thanksgiving with a bigger crowd. I’m so glad we had those times together.




“The faithful love of the LORD never ends! His mercies never cease. 
Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning. 
I say to myself, 'The LORD is my inheritance; 
therefore, I will hope in him!'" 
(Lamentations 3:22-24 NLT)


5 comments:

Pamela M. Steiner said...

One thing I am learning from our friends like yourself and a few others who have also lost their beloved spouses in the past year or two, never take anything for granted. Make every moment count. Take pictures of your family while they are together for we never know but that it will be the last picture with everyone together. Cherish each moment and thank God for all He has done. I enjoyed your post and the sense of peace you seem to have in this new stage of your life. I know it hasn't been easy for you, but it is obvious that God has led you each step of the way and that He is with you in every new experience. You are a wonderful testimony of His grace. Thank you for sharing this with us. Your tree is lovely! I am amazed you did all of that by yourself. God bless you my friend.

Terri D said...

The time is going fast, isn't it. Two years for you, a year for Barb, and almost a year for me. Hard to believe at times, but we are all three doing well and have our faith in God to thank for it. Your tree is so pretty. I just started mine. Pictures will follow. Yes, there is much to be thankful for!! xo

NanaDiana said...

It sounds like you had a nice low-key Thanksgiving with just the three of you. Smaller is nice sometimes. We usually have 30+ for holidays and this year there were just 8 of us and it was great.

It's nice that you were able to take care of their dog while they were gone...and that he settled in okay.

I hope you have a great Sunday-xo Diana

Wanda said...

Wonderful pictures and post. Sometimes smalleris good. Looks like to had really good time though small. The doggies are cute.

We were just reading those verses in Lamentations this week. So thankful
for New Mercies every morning!! God is Good!

Ruiz said...


I have been out of touch for a while with so much going on in my life and I was lost because of my illness but I'm stronger and I am here to tell you about a natural remedy that is guaranteed to make you wonder why your doctor didn't tell you about it. Then, on the other hand, it is pretty obvious why your doctor didn't, because that's not his job, is it? But, seriously, promise me you won't get too angry with your health practitioner, it's really not their fault. They can only practice what they're told to practice, right? When your health is at risk there's no time for Tom foolery, you've got to get down to the cause and nip it in the bud. So you've been suffering from painful gout attacks have you? Well, allow me to give you a new perspective on the solution to what plagues you I was once in your shoe until my college friend introduce me to Dr Itua herbal center which cure my hiv/herpes,Lymphedema, after drinking it for two weeks as instructed, Dr Itua is an africa herbal doctor who has natural power to cure all human illness diseases I believe Dr Itua so much because he help me cure my hiv/ herpes which has being my burden in life so I promised Dr Itua that I will testify about his work online after curing me and that is what I'm doing here so please if you are sick from those diseases do not hesitate to write Dr Itua Herbal Center On Email: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Or chat with him on his online store www.drituaherbalcenter.com