On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Thanksgiving week and my list

This is my list. This list is not indicative of the order of thankfulness and it is definitely not a complete list!


O Lord my God, you have performed many wonders for me. Your plans for me are too numerous to list. You have no equal. If I tried to recite all your wonderful deeds, I would never come to the end of them." Psalm 40:5 

God chose to give me life; my dear husband, my parents, my siblings and their families, my grandparents, my family and extended family‘s health. 
I have the blessings of Jay’s children, their spouses and the grandkids, 
I have been physically able to run and play all my life (maybe a little slower now, but still …); 
Thankful for my education, being able to read and learn; 
I enjoyed a great childhood; good teachers; parents who cared about every aspect of my life; parents have helped me with homework. 
Thankful for every Sunday school teacher, every pastor, every person who ever prayed for me. 
My childhood friends, the knowledge of God, and need for him and his forgiveness. 
The Bible, being born again at age 8 into God’s kingdom, God’s patience with me, joy of singing, my health. 
God‘s mercy to me and surviving breast cancer and other health issues, the opportunity to be the bone marrow donor for my brother in his cancer. 
Direction from my dad about working and the work ethic inherited from parents. 
My jobs, my marriage, the churches I have attended. 
Food: I have never gone hungry and always had clean water to drink, 
Shelter, I have always had a place to live, warm and safe. 
I have always had clothes to wear.
I’ve enjoyed my pets, books to read, bookmobiles and libraries, transportation.
Thankful for medical insurance, life insurance.
I’ve had God‘s provision in every situation and I have been blessed to be able to give to others. 
Thankful for the rescue by God from messes I got myself into … and things He rescued me from that I wasn’t even aware of.  
Windows, sunshine, cool water, lakes, His creation — nature, the beauty of it all, grass, trees, different seasons to enjoy,
Vacations and holidays. Sick days, candles, fire, washers and dryers, vacuum cleaners, refrigerators, hot and cold clean running water, carpet, showers, AC in the summer, heat in the winter.
freeways, chocolate, freedom, the strength I have in my mental capacities. 
My memory, being able to simply enjoy life, prayer, my friends now and through the years. Travels I have gotten to do in places I’ve seen, my computer, the exhilaration of snow and water skiing.

Going through this very long list of all these things I am thankful for. What a long list and it doesn’t even include everything I’m thankful for. But You, Lord, You are the giver, the One I’m thankful for. You gave me life. That song — it’s Your breath in my lungs, so I pour out my praise! How great You are! I am forever grateful. Remind me each day, Lord, for You have dealt bountifully with me. 




Halloween fun and a hayride

Sweet Jack

Jason and family

Sara and family

Growing grandkids







Serving Thanksgiving lunch to seniors







Ladies retreat


Susan's birthday

Not that good at selfies!

Ukelele group




Garage sale fun for Tulsa Boys Home

Maverick and Tenley

Another one on the way in December!


3 comments:

Pamela M. Steiner said...

What a wonderful list of blessings!! Amazing when we stop and count the ways God has blessed us, the list goes on and on and on. I should do that. It is a good way to realize just how blessed we really are. I love that you are serving Thanksgiving dinner to "seniors", when you and I both know we are also "seniors", but you continue to give of yourself, even when you have physical issues like broken wrists or whatever it is that you had there...You are a wonderful inspiration to me. I've been lolligagging around since my neck surgery and not pushing myself too hard, and it kind of becomes habitual. I think I need to start pushing myself to get back into action again. Thank you for this wonderful post. Have a blessed and beautiful Thanksgiving, my friend. You are a blessing!

Terri D said...

Oh, how I love this post and your list of thankfulness!! I am so happy we are blogging friends and I wish you and yours a blessed day. xo

Ruiz said...


I have been out of touch for a while with so much going on in my life and I was lost because of my illness but I'm stronger and I am here to tell you about a natural remedy that is guaranteed to make you wonder why your doctor didn't tell you about it. Then, on the other hand, it is pretty obvious why your doctor didn't, because that's not his job, is it? But, seriously, promise me you won't get too angry with your health practitioner, it's really not their fault. They can only practice what they're told to practice, right? When your health is at risk there's no time for Tom foolery, you've got to get down to the cause and nip it in the bud. So you've been suffering from painful gout attacks have you? Well, allow me to give you a new perspective on the solution to what plagues you I was once in your shoe until my college friend introduce me to Dr Itua herbal center which cure my hiv/herpes,Lymphedema, after drinking it for two weeks as instructed, Dr Itua is an africa herbal doctor who has natural power to cure all human illness diseases I believe Dr Itua so much because he help me cure my hiv/ herpes which has being my burden in life so I promised Dr Itua that I will testify about his work online after curing me and that is what I'm doing here so please if you are sick from those diseases do not hesitate to write Dr Itua Herbal Center On Email: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Or chat with him on his online store www.drituaherbalcenter.com