On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Friday, January 20, 2023

It’s Me! Back Again!

Well, this is my first visit here in quite a long time. I just haven’t felt the need or inspiration, or whatever it takes to write about anything, but this morning as I let my dog outside it seems like this is what I need to do. So silly. Annie sits in front of me and gives one of her hard, longing stares letting me know it’s time for a walk. Well, when it’s 28° outside, I don’t feel like a walk. So I look at her and say, “if you think I’m going for a walk outside, you have another think coming.“ So then she runs to the back door to go out. Now, that is a silly thing to share, but it’s just one of those little things in life that’s funny. (To me, anyway.)

The pictures below are some of the things that I’ve enjoyed from, I think, early 2022 maybe. Suffice it to say that the last two years have been chock-full of things to do, discovering many friends, just enjoying life. But I’m finding I still need somebody to share those little details of life, every day things. I’m still looking for a close friend here. I left all my precious friends inTexas, and have made many new friends here, but I still need a really close friend to do things with, to share things with, maybe even to travel with.

The ukulele band that I’m privileged to be a part of. It’s going even stronger these days. 
It’s so much fun to visit the assisted living and nursing homes because the residents so enjoy the music and fun. We love them so much and look forward each time to singing for them.


I love helping in the kitchen at our church for various events. 
These ladies and sometimes gentlemen are so much fun in the kitchen. 
Many hands make light work.

I’m a member of the Women’s Association that supports the Tulsa boys home. 
We have many fun events to raise funds to provide monetary support
 and also many of the boys’ basic daily needs. This is at one of our fundraisers.


These are from a visit from my nephew last summer.

I belong to a card club, and the picture above, along with the article are about one of our members who passed early last year. She was truly in the forefront in her day with feminism, a woman of many talents combined with a gentle, beautiful personality. We still miss her.

Our Sunday school class regularly meets together for lunches, get together’s, and other social meetings. We’ve made some dear friends in our Sunday school class.

Just good times!



These pictures are from one of the fundraisers for the boys home. It is called Run for the Roses and is the biggest event for them for the year. There’s a huge gathering of about 800 people raising money centered around the Kentucky Derby. A contest for the best hats, watching the races, betting on horses, secret auction, and serving dinner, are among some of the fun things at this event.

Several trips to Texas and meeting up with old friends in the top photo, the middle one is lunch with a few ladies from church, and the bottom is a birthday celebration for one of the ladies in our card club.

Special times with Grandkids!


I serve with Awanas at our church helping first graders Learn Bible verses each week. 
These kids are so precious.

Playing pickle ball!


I know this is picture overload, but they really only covered through May of last year. 

3 comments:

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Oh, I am reading these two posts in reverse! I saw the last one first and the first one last! There's something biblical about that...LOL. Anyway, It's so good to hear from you again! I do hope you will keep writing! I've missed you, even though I see you on Facebook but not enough!!It looks like God has truly blessed you with many friends and activities, but I can understand your need for a close friend to travel with or do other special things. Praying God will lead you to that special "friend" in 2023. God knows exactly what you need and who you need...so be prepared to be blessed and surprised. You look amazing and healthy too! Your new home seems to be agreeing with you. Please do stay in touch. I'll be praying for you.

Terri D said...

Thanks for the good catch-up!! I've missed you here! You are very busy but it still takes time to find that person who can be your BFF. I have a lot of wonderful friends here but none who I would want to really travel with or share more of my life with. Joe was my BFF and I still miss him. I'm not looking for a male BFF/companion, and am content with my life right now. But I do get lonely now and then. I think I understand what you mean! Thanks for sharing the photos! So fun to see!

Kylan Gentry said...

Hello everyone on here, I want to share with you all a great testimony on how I was cured by Dr Jekawo, who cured so many diseases.
I was suffering from herpes and diabetes also my little sister was a victim of blood cancer too but with the help of Dr Jekawo we are all fine, well with his natural remedies that he prepare then send to us through dhl courier he then instruct us on how to drink the herbal medicines which we did and today we are completely well, we have being living free for 2 years now and it's seems like a God sent when I met him online by a lady giving testimony online like I'm doing right now.also I have introduce Dr Jekawo to several colleagues from works suffering from different kind of diseases and Dr Jekawo has healed all of them with his herbal knowledge. he's a great man with ancestral power to cure people with herpes,cancer,diabetes,hepatitis,hpv,lupus,als,hiv/aids, also spiritual consultation he's available for that as well.
I email him on: drjekawo@gmail.com because that's the only source to get to him as he lives far from the United state,I told him that I will be giving testimony on his behalf because he's a good man with a Godly heart.