On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Spook Out Hodgepodge


Hodgepodge Fun!


1. What does/did Halloween look like at your house this year? Did you decorate? Pick pumpkins? Carve pumpkins? Expect trick or treaters? Wear a costume to a party or event? Make a costume? Feel glad you didn't have to come up with a costume? Cook a Halloween themed treat? Eat all the leftover candy?

No decorations, no pumpkins, no costume, no party, probably a lot of trick or treaters, although it is supposed to rain and if it does, we will have a bunch of candy left over, which I will take to my dentist and he will send to troops. I'm glad I didn't have to come up with a costume, although I have had some good ones back in the day when one of my friends had her annual costume party! As a kid, there was only one year my sister and I actually had costumes. Mom had some yellow fabric and black rick rack. She sewed a fairy costume for my sister and decorated it with the rick rack and some cut outs and sewed a witch costume for me. Hmmmmmm. Was there some subliminal message there? I always saw myself as an angel. Haha!

2. What are you waiting for? Elaborate

After giving some thought to this, I can’t come up with anything really. I’m waiting for it to rain right now. For long term waiting, I am waiting to know when will be the right time to sell our house and move to a retirement community or just stay here.



3. Do you wish you were friendlier, braver, more creative, more athletic, or something else? Explain.

I believe I am friendly and brave enough to try new things, which I have. I am not that creative, but would like to be. I used to be very athletic. I still regret that I didn’t apply myself to the piano so I guess I wish I could play better. Shoulda, woulda, coulda. 

4. When it comes time to paint are you a do-it-yourselfer or do you hire someone?
These days it is best to hire someone. The last time I painted was for Jason and Amy’s new house when Kate was born. I was sore for many days after. 
What was the last paint job completed at your house?
We had our bedroom and hall painted a few years ago.
What room most needs painting now?
The whole interior needs to be painted, but I am waiting until the kids are a little older and they have broken the habit of hands and feet on the walls. I don’t understand why they feel the need to do that , but they seem to do it without being aware of it.
How do you feel about wallpaper?
Our last house had wallpaper in several rooms and I liked it. The foyer, dining room, kitchen and breakfast area, bathrooms and one wall in our bedroom had wall paper. I think it adds warmth to the rooms.


5. What is one specific thing you felt gratitude for in the month of October?

I felt so much gratitude that our family could get together for my husband’s birthday, have family pictures made and we got to go to the Great Wolf Lodge, which they thoroughly enjoyed.



6. Insert your own random thought here.

The Weather Channel has disappointed me so often. It is discouraging to see a forecast of 90% chance of rain, only to see a few sprinkles and then the forecast lowered to 70, then 50, etc. we need rain so badly and I always get my hopes up. It would be different if they said it was ninety percent chance of sprinkles. Then I would know I need to go ahead and water the yard. This sounds complaining, but really, we. need. rain!

Last year I used Blue Apron quite often. This evening was my first try with Hello Fresh. It was delicious and I think less steps in preparation than Blue Apron. Will see how tomorrow night's meal goes.



10 comments:

Cranberry Morning said...

Well it's 24 degrees here and we're expecting 1-3 inches of snow. I'll trade. I smiled about the piano remark. I took lessons and play by ear, but I don't take time often enough to sit down and play the piano. And now it's time to have the piano tuned once again. I hope you get rain soon. Have a wonderful Wednesday.

Chatty Crone said...

I loved that you were grateful your family got together for your hubs birthday - so sweet. I had the same kind of Halloween you did - I always have decorated, so this is the first year I haven't, but it was okay.

Carla from The River said...

Hi,
I love the family photo.
The Weather Channel seems to be wrong every which way! Last weekend my husband and I went on a get away to celebrate our Anniversary. The weather channel said it would be a cool night, but no bad weather.
We ended up in a snow storm! I always say, it seems the more technology they have the less they can predict the weather. LOL

Joyce said...

My girls are both using Hello Fresh on occasion and like the meals so far. It seems most everyone here had a quiet Halloween. I think the traditions are changing and more people attend events with their kids as opposed to the door to door thing we loved as children. More musical should have been my answer!!

Debby Ray said...

Yay...I have found someone else who appreciates wallpaper! Like you, I totally agree, it adds warmth and coziness, unless it is gaudy and ugly...LOL! It sounds like the rain keeps missing us both. Even our local weather guys miss it so often. Great reading your hodgepodge answers today!

Terri D said...

I am so happy that we moved to a retirement community. We absolutely love it here. Come on down and be our neighbor! I've wondered about Blue Apron and Hello Fresh. I know a couple of folks who use them. Keep us posted, please!

Pamela M. Steiner said...

We are thinking about moving to someplace with less maintenance and upkeep and near our son when he moves...but probably not too soon. Not sure we want a retirement community, but not ruling out the possibility.
No trick or treaters here in our neck of the woods. Too many bears...and we are kind of out in the boonies. I liked wallpaper when I had it, but wouldn't want it now. My house has too much clutter already and the wallpaper would probably just add to it.
Hope you get rain soon. We need it again too. But this is our dry season, so probably won't be getting much for a while. At least it has cooled down. I like that a lot!!

Dianna said...

I am so glad that your family was able to get together for your husband's birthday and that you were able to have family pictures done. Family is so special and when we all be together at one time it makes it even more special. xx

Debby@Just Breathe said...

We were expecting rain but didn't get any. It was a slow night for us. We have always had around 100 kids for 11 years now. We only had 40 so we have a lot of candy left over. Maybe the World Series had something to do with that! We still have a lot of painting to do and I think it is time to hire someone. Mark just hasn't had the time. I don't have any wallpaper in this house but I still think it can be pretty in a room. I haven't tried any of those deliveries but Adam and Gabby enjoy getting them.

Mrs.T said...

That is a wonderful picture of your family on your husband's birthday! How nice that you could all get together to celebrate!