On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Friday, November 3, 2017

Friday Foto Friends

Friday Foto Friends!


This has to be the cutest little "witch" I've ever seen. Yesterday was her third birthday and, judging from the stick in her hand and the blue in her smile, she had just finished off a blue lollipop. Happy Birthday, Hunter!


 A beautiful sunset earlier this week.

A touch of color here in our neighborhood!
This is about as bright as it gets so far this year.

Walking around the neighborhood with Annie today and she didn't know what to think about this big spider and the other blow-ups in the yard. Every time she moved forward to get after the spider, it would move to the left or right! Haha!

Not only did I launder a little money today, but also DH's leather wallet, all his credit cards, ID, etc. I was a little upset that it had been left in the pocket of his jeans, but it turned out to be for the best. His driver's license appears to have expired so I need to take care of that.

Got a call from our son that Jack is sick and would we mind coming over in the morning and watching him for the day. Not at all, but we will have to get up and out of here before 6:30 a.m. DH is used to sleeping much later. 
It'll be fun! and worth it.

I cooked three Hello Fresh meals this week and will be trying them again next week. I recommend both Blue Apron and Hello Fresh. I have yet to be disappointed with a meal and we have scraped the plate every single time.

This was chicken Milanese with squash and arugula.
Wednesday's meal was peppercorn steak with roasted potatoes and sautéed kale.
Thursday evening was chile rellenos with rice and a chipotle tomato sauce.





13 comments:

Susie said...

Nonnie, That is the cutest little witch ever. Pretty little costume too. Funny about the dog and blow up yard stuff. I know what you mean about washing things. I have a rule , I don't go thru pockets, turn socks right side out , or un-roll underwear..I refuse. I had washed Ted's pill box twice...he no longer carries it in his pocket. Blessings to you, xoxo, Susie

Sylvia said...

I agree Nonnie, I haven't seen a witch that pretty before!
Oh my, I need to start checking my hubby's pockets. Beautiful sky photos/

Dianna said...

Connie, that Hunter is a beauty...even as a little witch. And that Jack! He is SO cute! Having him around has to brighten one's day.

Preppy Empty Nester said...

Isn't it amazing how a picture can tell a story? You have a beautiful family. Love your "laundering money" story. Been there, done that.

Aritha V. said...

I love the beautiful sunset! Always checking my son's pocket and my daughters white baker's apron.

annie said...

Beautiful children.
So you do money laundering huh? lol
Your meals sound and look amazing! I want to eat at your house!

Joyful said...

You have an adorable granddaughter. Isn't it fun to experience see the world through their eyes. sorry your grandson is sick.I hope he recovers very soon. The fall colours and blue sky where you live are fabulous and the meal you show looks very tasty.

Terri D said...

Hunter is adorable! Her personality just bubbles out of her face!! Sorry to hear that Jack is sick, but it's good that you can get there to help out. I told Joe that any money I find in the laundry is mine to keep.... I don't check pockets either. Glad the money washed okay and that you found out his license needs renewing. Some things just happen for a reason!

NanaDiana said...

OMGOSH- Is she cute, or what?! Just adorable!!!
I hope Jack is feeling better. There is all sorts of crap going around here-from kid to kid to kid.
LOL about laundering money. You would have been a good mafia moll. lol

My Hero got stopped the other day and found out he had not renewed his plates in TWO years! They only gave him a $10 fine and told him to get them updated the next day. lol

I hope you have a great weekend. xo Diana

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

Your granddaughter is such a cutie, and I sure hope Jack gets to feeling better, surely a day spent with his grandparents will cure all ills :) Pictures of fall in your neighborhood are lovely! Our fall ended abruptly last night with 8" of snow! Have a lovely weekend :)

Breathing In Grace said...

That really is the cutest witch I've ever seen... a little princess 👸! You know I love the sky fotos. Fall is such a beautiful time of the year!

2 gators said...

your granddaughter is a super cutie. Love the beautiful sky photos none prettier than the fall of the year here in OK blessings

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Love the witch! Money laundering, that was not fun. Hope it all works out. Hope Jack is better now.