On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Monday, November 20, 2017

Catching Up Is Hard to Do


The past couple of weeks have been challenging, interesting, and finally, some much needed results, for which I am very thankful.

For the past few weeks, DH has been awakening in the middle of the night to sit up and either sit on the edge of the bed or go to the other room and fall asleep sitting up. He always assured me that he was all right and nothing to worry about. But two weeks ago, I finally decided enough was enough and we needed to see the cardiologist about this and also again about my DH's legs and feet which have been getting more and more swollen to the point of looking like the middle of the Pillsbury Dough Boy. That is no exaggeration! An appointment was available for the very next morning and after an EKG was done, the doctor said it was time to get a room at the heart hospital as DH had gone into A-Fib! 

After a week's stay in the hospital, the A-Fib was brought back under control with an electrical shock to his heart and we were released to go home to continue on a whole new regimen of medications and low sodium diet.

Last week DH experienced a couple of nosebleeds and things seemed to be going along all right until last Friday when the nosebleeds became very severe. After a couple of trips to the ER, and treating him with something called a rapid rhino treatment in his nose (not very pleasant), we have finally, hopefully gotten that under control and I pray that continues. 

In the meantime, our daughter and family came to visit this past weekend and Brady and Noah both played in soccer tournaments. 




Our daughter always leaves our home looking neater than when she arrived!

One of the smaller things for which I was thankful that took a HUGE load of stress off me was our pet sitters who have been there for us through many years! As soon as I got DH settled in the hospital, I took Annie over to them, where she enjoyed being spoiled and pampered!


That is what I call a lucky dog!!
She can rest easy with them
so I can rest easy taking care of my Dear Heart!


9 comments:

Susie said...

Nonnie, I am sending big hugs to you....I did not know that you were going thru so much stress. DH is in my prayers and thoughts along you and the family. So scary. Blessings to all for a happy thanksgiving. xoxo, bless you, Susie

Wanda said...

Oh my! I've been away, and didn't know what was going on in your home. So sorry your DH had to experience these heart issues. I so feel for you, as over the years we have dealt with my dearest heart issues. 5 bypasses, stint and pacemaker...All is good..and I'm sure they will do whatever is needed to make your DH as good as new.

Love and prayers...

Anonymous said...

you have been through a trying time, I'm so glad things are improving,, the last photo melts my heart,

Terri D said...

Oh my, I am so sorry for what you have both been going through. I can tell you that we have been through similar. Both of us have a-fib and were in the hospital for it. Joe has been shocked a few times. You have my sympathy and I am so glad he is doing better. Glad your daughter came and glad your pet sitter is so good. Keeping you both in my prayers!

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Oh, A-fib is nothing to play around with. So glad the Drs. have gotten it under control. I wish my daughter left with me in better shape than she found us. :o)) I'm teasing, she drives a long ways with two little boys. I'll pick up after them a while longer. Happy Thanksgiving!

Chatty Crone said...

I am not sure how a heart goes into A-fib - but I am sure glad you made your hubs go to the doctor! I am also pleased your daughter came up to help to relieve you. Prayers all around!!!!!!!!!!

Karen said...

I am thankful that DH is doing better. Those were some scary days. God bless you.

Visits With Mary said...

Sorry to hear about all that's been happening. Hope your hubby continues to improve and things settle down. Wishing you a very Happy Thanksgiving.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

My prayers are with your husband. I was diagnosed with A-Fib over a year ago. Lot's of new medications. I hope they get him all settled with the right medications and he can live a normal life. Mine has been controlled very well so far. Wishing you a blessed Thanksgiving.