On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Good News Tuesday

It ain’t over till it’s over - right?

Monday’s post was the good news of today
and the sad memories of yesterday.
Today is the good.
Life brings its share of sadness - but it brings more gladness, I think.
And it is for the living.
Job’s sorrow lasted only three months.
A lot of tears were shed, a lot of prayers were said when I was left alone.
And God’s mercies are new every day.
The good news for me is that not long after the bad,
Good news came my way in the form of the guy I call my Dear Heart today.

For anyone going through the night seasons of life, be encouraged.
Weeping may last for the night - but joy comes in the morning.



Corrie ten Boom used this poem many, many times.

My life is but a weaving between my God and me.
I cannot choose the colors, He weaveth steadily.
Oft' times He weaveth sorrow; And I in foolish pride
Forget He sees the upper and I the underside.
Not 'til the loom is silent and the shuttles cease to fly
Will God unroll the canvas and reveal the reason why.
The dark threads are as needful in the weaver's skillful hand
As the threads of gold and silver in the pattern He has planned
He knows, He loves, He cares; nothing this truth can dim.
He gives the very best to those who leave the choice to Him.
(-- author unknown)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh your words are so tender sweet today ,

Melanie said...

What a lovely post! Yes, joy comes in the morning, the night seasons do not last forever. Thank you God!!!

Linda said...

just beautiful......

Aloha Acres said...

I was just telling a friend like week that I was not enjoying this season of life. Too many friends are laying their parents to rest these days, as I did with my mother nearly three short years ago. I so often need that reminded that it is all part of God's perfect plan.

My Mind's Eye said...

Lovely post....life is all about taking the good with the bad...I try to keep my 'glass' 1/2 full always.
Hugs Madi and Mom

NanaDiana said...

That is so true- sometimes people get so bogged down in the past that they forget to look up. Blessings- xo Diana