On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Saturday, August 25, 2012

The heavens



(NIV) Psalms 19:1
The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands.

Thank You, Father. Each day I am blessed to enjoy such a view out my window, greeting the dawn in the morning and watching the sun set at the end of the day. You paint the most glorious pictures daily ... for our pleasure!!!



This wide open view allows me to see the resident hawk soaring and searching ... bunnies scampering across the lawn, birds in flight, even a bobcat in our yard one afternoon. We may not have the most scenic view of the lake, but it is one that I have come to love. The wide open space of sky that I can see speaks to me of Your greatness. Watching lightning storms reminds me that when Jesus returns, it will be as lightning from the east to the west.

Kate noticed the sunset the other night and we watched it go down together. This brought about lots of questions about where the sun went tonight. :-) Any attempt at explanations was met with "why?" :) Having the privilege of a relationship with and enjoying the company of this child (and Brady, Noah and Jack) is so much more than I ever dreamed I would be blessed with. Thank You God.

(NIV) Psalms 8:3-4 "When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, what is man that you are mindful of him, the son of man that you care for him?"

2 comments:

Sweet Tea said...

Why?
Sometimes that's a really difficult question, even for someone our age.

Chatty Crone said...

I do want to say that God is a great artist. Isn't he?
sandie