On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

A Dog's Life

These are all dead giveaways clues for my Trudy


Good neighbor bag
(very humbling)


Just in case
and I'm positive that anybody reading this is WAY smarter than my dog.
Seeing any one of the above items will get her excited--
(even at the ripe old age of 14)
Don’t dare let one of them be seen in her presence
Or you will be in for a …

W.A.L.K.

Or a very sad and disappointed little doggie.
Every evening she maintains her vigil  to see if any rabbits are lurking in the back yard.


After the doggie door is closed down for the night,

she heads back upstairs to stand by her bed
And wait…
For me to straighten out her bed
And pull the covers over her.

Cold winter mornings find her in Daddy's lap
Is that a spoiled dog?
Some people might think so.
and I'm sure they would tell you other tall tails
This is my idea of a spoiled pooch.

Recently, when we were in Vancouver,
I was SHOCKED somewhat surprised to see that the menu in our hotel room
had a page devoted to your “pampered pet.”
Menu items include such goodies as
Organic Venison and Cranberry Pepperoni,
Organic Beef Granola Bars and Turkey & Spinach
“Paw-Stickers”
(made with all-natural ingredients like hormone-free turkey breast and fresh spinach).

I love my dog. She's part of our family.
(We even buy her dog food at Whole Foods!)
That is something the rest of us cannot afford.
She gets her hair cut as often as I do.
She has her annual check-ups and teeth-cleaning.
But she will NOT be headed for a spa or the Fairmont Hotel any time soon.*
(I have heard rumors though that when she stays with the petsitters,
she  actually gets to sleep WITH THEM!!!!!)


Don't laugh! I bet your pet has some really cute little quirky things going for them too.
*Disclaimer and fine print: These comments are not intended to be judgmental of anyone who does and can afford to send their dog to spas, day cares, fancy hotels, or anywhere else they may be pampered, petted, coddled, etc., etc. We all do what we gotta do, right? wink, wink

7 comments:

My Mind's Eye said...

Hey Trudy...well are you just the cutest thing and you deserve to be spoiled. Ummmm I must tell you if my mom saw any of those items she would be running in circles with excitement too. She just loves a good walk but I make her taker herself..as my Diva paws do not touch dirt.
Hugs all around your BFFF
Madi

Shelly said...

How very cute! She's a smart little girl, too. What would we do without our pets? They make so much richer!

NanaDiana said...

She is one smart little cookie...doggie,I mean. It sure makes me miss having a pet. It's good for YOU, too, you know?;>) xo Diana

yaya said...

Hahahaha..gourmet dog food...I always think of that when I catch the dog eating deer poop...yep, he's a gourmet alright! It must be hard when you come home from shopping at wal-mart! It's amazing how these furry friends find the way to our hearts and homes. Looks like your little cutie has found a good one!

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Oh, yes, my schnauzer is the quirkiest dog we have ever had. And, I just love all of his quirks :) He even rests his chin on the window sill like your Trudy.

Sweet Tea said...

LOL. Tudy is one smart Diva!
Isn't it funny how they learn to out-smart us?!

Nonnie said...

Deer poop!! Now that one gave Dear Heart and me a good laugh thinking about Trudy and the rabbit poop in the back yard! Yech!