On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Friday, June 29, 2018

Friday Foto Friends

Since I haven't been anywhere exciting this week nor is the scenery around here that thrilling (It's soooooo HOT), I'm sharing a few photos from a friend who is traveling all over the western United States and these are from Rocky Brook Falls in Washington. I love waterfalls and forests! 









The last two above are from Mt. Rainier. We were fortunate enough when we were there that the sun was out and we could see the mountain. It is so gorgeous in that part of the country.

It's been a busy and fun week for us from Monday through Friday (which Friday hasn't yet happened as I write, but I have great expectations for the day.) Monday was spent with our Monday night friends and lots of good conversation and laughs! Oh the laughter! Definitely good medicine. Would you believe and did you know one of our little discussions was about the fact that there are male and female watermelons? Now, did anyone know that? I certainly did not!

Tuesday five of us from our Ladies of Grace loaded up in my Sequoia to take sandwiches, tea, cookies and my favorite brownies to serve a group of ladies at a Senior Center. I believe it is kind of an independent, somewhat assisted living complex. Very sweet ladies who greatly appreciated our being there. We served the food, sang many hymns which they requested and prayed with and visited with each of them. A great group!

Tuesday evening we had dinner with our favorite son and family and Kate came home with us.

She was happy to just chill and relax here and sit with Grandpa. We went to the park as she always is wont to do, but even Kate had to admit it was just too darn hot and so we came back home after a short time of play.

This pic took me back a few years ago.



Wednesday morning was fairly lazy and later in the day we met Amy and Jack at the mall for fun at Dave and Busters! The kids had a blast using their gift cards I gave them at Christmas and racked up lots of points. Jack spent his. Kate is saving hers until she can claim a large stuffed animal which she plans to give to a needy child. She's pretty self-disciplined and I have to add here, she won all kinds of awards at school, including the Principal's award for straight A's all year - not a single B. On the Texas state testing, she is a Master, which is the highest score!! Wow! 


Here they are trying to make decisions about the prize to choose.

Jack riding the carousel with one of his prizes!

Now the dog gets to ride alongside.

We left Kate with Amy and brought Jack back with us. We had a great time playing games and then on Wednesday evening our church had a very special fun night which Jack described as "epic!" There was a giant waterslide and a dunk tank. Everybody had their chance to try to dunk their favorite pastor. Jack managed to do so four times! Twice he ran up to hit the target and the other times he threw the ball hard enough to dunk the pastor! He loved it. I was the gatekeeper for the pre-schoolers at our splash pad. They had a super time splashing around. The evening was definitely a success.


Pretty cool waterslide!


Fun in the Splash Pad

Since I was guarding the little ones, I didn't get a video of the actual dunking and I'm not able to save the video the church made! Rats!

Jack is a joy for sure. As we were coming home from church Wednesday evening, he was chattering non-stop talking about what fun he had and then he began asking questions about everybody. We were talking about such things as where everybody in the family was born. He wanted to know if grandpa and me got married. Say what?? He wanted to know if I had kids. I told him yes, we got married and no, I didn't get to have kids of my own, but God had blessed me greatly with DHs children and now the grandkids. I said all of you are a gift from God. His response? His daddy got a gift from God, too. A truck with wifi!!!!! LOL!!!

Thursday we met Amy and Kate for Mexican food and returned Mr. Jack to his mama. He didn't want to leave us and Kate didn't want him to come back home!! Kids. Haha!


Aren't they precious?


And so is Little Miss Tenley!!


Do you think this dog could get any closer????? 
I have never had such a needy dog before.


10 comments:

Breathing In Grace said...

Oh, your sweet grandbabies are so precious. My husband is "Jack" and we have a Sawyer Jackson, so I'm kinda partial to that name! I really liked all the mountain and waterfall fotos...they remind me of our area of the country, close to the GREAT SMOKY MOUNTAINS!!! HOPE you have a great weekend....take care, sweet Lady!

Karen said...

I enjoyed seeing the waterfalls and also the sweet family photos. Have a great weekend.

Pamela M. Steiner said...

You have such precious grandchildren...what wonderful gifts of God to you to enjoy!!! You are truly blessed. And your doggie is pretty blessed too, to have YOU for his mama!! What a happy post. I loved it all. Thank you for sharing your grandkids with us. I don't have any little ones around...my one and only just graduated high school, and he's way too big to sit on anyone's lap! LOL. Blessings.

Toni said...

Beautiful photos of Falls and family Nonnie. Your grandchildren are so adorable. You are truly blessed. Have a day of blessings my friend.

Susie said...

Nonnie, I love all the photos. That Jack is a funny entertaining kid. Love that. Wow, and many kudos to Amy. I am so very impressed. Blessings to all, xoxo, Susie

Elizabeth "Libby" Day said...

This was such a fun blog post, Nonnie. I almost felt like we were sitting down for a visit, which is on my "to-do" list by the way. Your canine baby is reclaiming his rightful place after the grands leave. Loved the Jack story and I have a feeling your own giving spirit may have had an influence on sweet Kate. Thanks for sharing your great week with us.

Cathy said...

Your grandbabies are precious and so is you pup. Enjoyed your pictures and hearing about your week.

Terri D said...

How fun for all of you! The kiddos are so cute and I know you loved it that they didn't want to go home! Great times and making great memories. What could be better than that?

annie said...

Isn't it great when animals want to be close with us?
I Miss that so much.
Love the photos of your grands. They are the best aren't they!

Joyful said...

A wonderful array of photos and activities. I just know you and your group of ladies were a huge blessing to the seniors. I know how much they love to have outside visitors who show them love and kindness. Your little Jack is so sweet. Kids say the cutest things, don't they? Your little pupster is so cute too and very loving. I'm sure he just wants to sit as close as possible to his good friend. The photos of the rain forest and waterfalls are right up my alley. I simply love a cool, quiet place in the forest by a running brook or river. Enjoy your weekend Nonnie. God bless!