On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Friday, June 15, 2018

Friday Foto Friends


White Rock Lake in Dallas

Dallas Arboretum

This vitex tree has dozens of bees swarming it! 
(You can't see them in this pic, but I know they are there! 
You just have to take my word for it! Haha!)

Part of our back yard and to the right of the crape myrtle stands Annie.

Crape myrtles have finally burst into bloom

I notice the pine trees growing these little tiny baby pine cones.

Sunset at the park behind us.

I worked really hard yesterday cleaning the downstairs windows. So hard that my right arm and shoulder are hurting. I was looking forward to coming downstairs this morning to see sunlight gleaming through sparkly windows! Not to be. The sunlight shows all the dingy streaks and the motions of my swiping to clean them. Now what??? 


(I know there is a spiritual lesson here somewhere. From my view of the windows yesterday, everything looked good, but the sunlight this morning proved otherwise. I need to keep the windows of my soul clean. It's only by the light of God's Word and His grace and power that happens.)

The unfolding of your words gives light;
    it gives understanding to the simple.
Psalm 119:30


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog. What a great place to visit.

Happy Friday to you!

Melissa

Annie said...

Your photos are so lovely.Would love to see it all in person.
So sorry your arm is sore :(. So much work to be rewarded with pain.

Try a squeegie for window washing and do it the way professionals do. They use soap and water and remove it with a squeegie.
Here is a link to how to do it like professionals do it.

Annie said...

OOps.. the link:
LINK

Cathy said...

Your pictures are beautiful today and I love your window analogy.

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

Lovely collection of photos. My favorites are the first and last sky shots. I think the sky is a wonderful thing to watch.

Terri D said...

Nice analogy. Beautiful photos!

Chatty Crone said...

I loved how the sun shined in on that water. We have crate mertals but my hubs put them in shade and they don't flower well at all. What are vitex trees - never heard of them.

I love the part about the windows - that happens to me all the time even in mirrors. I am sure glad Jesus can wipe my soul cleaner than I do the windows.

Joyful said...

I like how you learned a spiritual lesson from window cleaning. God's lesson are everywhere when we are tuned in to his teaching. Your weather looks fantastic and Dallas looks like a nice place to be. Have a wonderful weekend Nonnie.