On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Wednesday, May 19, 2021

A Wishful Hodgepodge

1. Realist, idealist, optimist, pessimist...which one are you? Elaborate.

I think I am all of these things at different times depending upon which topic or situation we’re dealing with. Overall, I think I’m a realist and see things the way they are, but I’m always optimistic that they could change.

2. What's something currently on your wish list?

Large pots to put my roses in. And more flowers. 

3. Three things on this week's shopping list? 

A new hose, a shovel, and flower pots.

4. According to Trip Advisor here's a list of the top ten things to do in the US this summer-
Chicago Architecture River Cruise, Skip the Line Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island Tour, New York In A Day guided sightseeing tour, Charleston's Old South Historic Horse and Carriage tour, Grand Canyon helicopter tour, Full day iconic sights of LA, Beverly Hills, Beaches and more, D.C. at Dusk guided night tour, Beneath the Streets Underground History tour (Seattle), New Orleans Swamp and Bayou Boat tour, Gangsters and Ghosts tour in Chicago...read more about each excursion in the link here.

Of the ten attractions listed which do you find most appealing? Have you already experienced anything on this list?

We did the Statue of Liberty and Ellis island tour and New York in a day back in 2003. It was really fun and very moving. (And now I'm puzzled wondering where those pictures have gotten off to.)

We also did the DC at dusk guided night tour in 2015, which was very moving to see the memorials just before sundown. 




I’m also pretty sure we did the Beneath the Streets Underground history tour in Seattle back in 1987. Events from that period of time or a little bit of a blur, but I am 99% positive that we did that.

I think of all the things on that list I would be interested in doing the Charleston horse and carriage historic tour. When we were there, we did a walking tour.

5. Besides home and work where do you spend the most time?

Well, I’m not working at this time, so my guess is I am spending more time at our church. I do get to spend a good deal of time with others, so being at home alone is not so bad. There is always somebody to talk to.

6. Insert your own random thought here.

Due to Covid, and my broken wrist, I’ve spent a lot of time at home and am a little embarrassed to say I have watched too much TV. I don’t watch Netflix, I love PBS, Amazon prime, and BritBox. BritBox may be my favorite as there are so many good series there. One interesting thing I’ve noticed in a series called The Royal is that several of their plot lines I have seen dealt with in Call the Midwife over the years. I love Call the Midwife, and both the series take place in England during the 1960s. They are both dealing with medical issues of those times. I am really enjoying The Royal because it has humor, drama and lots of 60s music. It's also fun to listen to their British accent.

Happy to have finally gotten some of the shrubs planted and there are some day lilies blooming. I love roses and Costco had some petite knockouts, so I picked those up to put in pots out back where I can enjoy them and they will get lots of sun!

Grow little shrubs, grow.


The roses are indeed petite.

I love these!


And more to come!





10 comments:

Joyce said...

Your lilies are gorgeous! We've begun working in our beds and patio pots too. We have a lot of outdoor spaces so I try to do a little bit at a time. Enjoy your day!

Linda said...

I always enjoy others answers. I hope you have a beautiful day, Connie. smiles

Mary said...

Have you watched The Underground Railroad? It's excellent, except for the fact that they depict the railroad as an actual subterranean railway. I would hope that people would research it and find the truth, but what am I thinking???
Have a great Wednesday!

Cathy said...

Such beautiful flowers and shrubbery. I didn't know you had broken your wrist. I hope you are recovering well. Take care.

songbird's crazy world said...

Your garden is lovely

Mevely317 said...

Thanks for the tips on BritBox; already, I'm growing weary of the same-old.

Wanda said...

Really fun reading your answers, and loved all the photos.

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Oh, I love daylilies! I wish I had some here. I may have to look for some. And I love the knockout roses...they usually do real well without a lot of work. It's just so nice to see color around the house, isn't it? I'm so glad you are getting out and about more and settling in. I can imagine that broken wrist has been a pain. I hope it is finally healing. Please take care and enjoy your new home and church and family/friends. One day at a time.

Kirstin said...

Your shrubs and other plants look nice. So sorry about your broken wrist...definitely not fun.

Terri D said...

Your landscaping is looking so great! Keep us posted as everything begins to thrive, as I know it will! I enjoyed your answers!! xo