On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Monday, April 1, 2019

Weekend with Jack

Jack was to come stay with us Friday night as Kate and Amy were going with the 4th graders to see the state capitol! Unfortunately, Kate was very sick and had to miss out on the trip, but Jack came to stay with us anyway so Amy could take care of Kate.

We met Jason and Jack for dinner Friday evening and after that, we just hung out together as the weather was extremely cold and windy, feeling like a cozy winter night and it was good to be inside watching TV, iPads, and eating ice cream.

On Saturday, after our usual pancakes and bacon breakfast, we saw an early showing of the movie Dumbo, which we all greatly enjoyed. We gorged on popcorn and root beer during the movie and came home for a bit before Jack and I went shopping. Not only did he have a little wish list going, but he needed some warm clothing to wear as all he had packed was tee shirts and shorts. Yikes. I felt really bad wearing a warm coat and running around with a child dressed like that!

We hit the comic book store first before making our search for clothes. I had no idea comic book stores were such a big thing and graphic novels. Come on now. A graphic novel about DC super hero characters!!! And they are as pricey as the hard back books. 

Mercy!

We tried several stores before finding something warm and "suitable" to him. Children are certainly picky about what they wear these days. He was so funny as I pointed out different hoodies to him. "Meh!" was the response to each. I considered us lucky to even have several to choose from because all the stores were already geared up for summer, with swimsuits, beachwear, shorts, and sandals.


Finally, at Target, there was a hoodie, black with neon green lining in the hood, and galaxy scene on the top front half. I asked, "how about this one?" "Meh!" and he fell over in a dead faint! A fakey faint, that is! So there was the hoodie and wouldn't you know, a Pikachu backpack sitting there waiting for Jack. 
So the rest of the day was spent hanging out again, eating Whataburgers, playing indoor baseball, and then on Sunday, church.

He liked this door at church that was just his size!

We had to arrive very early for church on Sunday morning as I was greeter for the first and second service. No time for breakfast, so we stopped for donuts. I let Jack have his phone to play with until checking him into Gracekids and then I put it in my purse. After church, DH wanted to sit in the car while I continued greeting, so I handed over the car keys and Jack's phone to get it out of my purse.

When I finally was able to leave, I checked Jack out of children's church to head for the car. First question asked was, "can I have my phone?" I told him it was in the car and, when we got to the car, it was nowhere to be found and DH couldn't remember me giving it to him.

We spent about 15 to 20 minutes looking in and around the car, under the car seats, in the church, bathrooms, info booth, Jay’s front pockets, everywhere. Jack was crying. DH didn’t know anything about the phone. It was so sad and he kept asking what we were looking for and when I said Jack's phone, he pointed to his phone and said, "here's a phone". Sigh!

Just as we finally decided to give up and go home, Jay raised up in his seat and felt his back pocket and said, "what's this?" The phone was in his pocket all the time we were searching!!! 

That’s my life!!!!

But hey!! Jack was happy. I was happy. And I didn't have to deliver a crying boy to his Mom! All's well that ends well!

Yesterday was National Tater Day! We love taters around here, baked, sweet, fried, mashed! But I have always thought the Tater Family is cute! I try to be a sweet tater, but sometimes it just doesn't happen!




6 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

What a bittersweet story.One doesn't know whether to laugh or cry. Jack is a cutie. Aldo I love the Tater Family. Hugs,sandie

Wanda said...

What a fun adventure with Jack. They sure know what they like and don't like!. Glad you were able to find something he liked enought to "faint" over..HaHa. And he phone incident...story of my life too.

He is sure a cutie.

Terri D said...

Life is always an adventure!! Jack is so cute and I'm glad you got to spend some quality time with him. Hope Kate is feeling better!

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Wow! What a busy weekend! I love the TATER family too...have been guilty of some of those probably at some point in life. Hopefully not anymore... Sorry that your little Kate was sick, but glad you got to keep Jack anyway...what a guy!! Also, the phone story...well, I am sorry, and my heart goes out to you. You are a strong woman and a blessing to your family...your grandchildren are blessed to have you in their lives. (((hugs)))

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I know that movie looks like it is really cute. Wow, what an adventure you had. Sorry to hear about Kate being sick. I didn't realize that the comic book stores still existed however we saw one a few weeks ago when we took a two hour trip to see the Poppies. That's a cute photo from Target. Oh my, so glad you found the phone.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.