On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Wednesday, April 3, 2019

A Melodious Wednesday Medley

My goodness! There are National Days to cover everything … except National Connie Day (which I have already whined about!) 


Today, Terri's choice for our Wednesday Medley is a great one!


If you hop over to her blog, you can read all about it, get the questions and answer on your blog tomorrow. Please visit here and link up with others so we can all visit each other!


1. Let's talk about film scores/songs. What is the first one that you thought about when you saw today's subject?

The first one that came to mind was Dr. Zhivago, second, Fiddler on the Roof, third, The Sound of Music!
Miracle of Miracles from
Fiddler on the Roof

And I LOVED the music in the movie The Greatest Showman!
2. Do you remember the first movie you ever saw on the "big screen"? 
Not really, because we never went to the movies except occasionally when we visited our cousins in Arkansas. But one July 4, Daddy loaded us up to go to the drive-in to watch three westerns. 

Would you tell us about it?
The night was way too hot for a family of five to be sitting in the car for so long. We kinda/sorta watched The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance, The Hanging Tree with Gary Cooper, and some John Wayne movie I can’t remember. At 13, I was mostly concerned that some of my classmates might see me with my family! 



The first movie I saw on a really giant screen was Gone with the Wind. I had read the book many times wishing I could see the movie, so when it was re-released around 1969 or 1970, I can’t tell you how excited I was to see Rhett and Scarlett come to life! I did buy the soundtrack for the movie, although I don’t think it was so much for the music, but all the pictures that came with it. Haha! I never got tired of seeing that movie or reading about the making of it. 

3. Who is your favorite female movie star? 
I don’t have any current favorites. I really liked Natalie Wood and was so sorry to see her pass at such a young age and in such a tragic way. I also liked Maureen O’Hara and Vivian Leigh. I like Sandra Bullock in a couple of movies like Hope Floats and The Blind Side, but I really don’t like other movies because of the bad language. DH says his favorite female movie star is Dale Evans!!!

Who is your favorite male movie star? 
James Stewart maybe? Gary Cooper, John Wayne, and I really liked Hugh Jackman in The Greatest Showman. 

Go ahead and list more than one if you must.
There have been certain people in different roles and I liked them in the movie, but can’t say I’m crazy about any of them these days. 

4. How about those old black & white movies! Which one do you always stop and watch, even just a little, when channel surfing?

The Shop Around the Corner, It’s a Wonderful Life, Mrs. Miniver, To Kill a Mockingbird, Hobson’s Choice, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, to name a few. I love old movies. 

5. Is there a movie quote that makes you laugh or one that you repeat often in life that you can share with us? 

“Mammy says if you put a knife under the bed, it cuts the pain in half!”

Will we know what movie it comes from without you telling us? Oh yes!

6. Please share something random about your week with us.

Today in Ladies of Grace, we began filling gift bags for the people in a local nursing home. We collected all kinds of goodies for them and have filled 100 bags. We will deliver them in two weeks for Easter gifts. We had so much fun this morning working together. I baked a sour cream coffee cake for the occasion and it turned out very good. 





Wednesday morning is breakfast with the guys and following that I am getting a haircut and highlights! Yay! 

This weekend we will be going to visit our daughter and family, so hopefully I will have something to share next week about our trip. 

Sara with Brady, Noah, Kate and Jack

12 comments:

Preppy Empty Nester said...

Safe travels to your daughter's. What a beautiful family!!

Jodi said...

What a fun thing to do and spread some love to the nursing home residents!! I have a haircut and color on the books for later this week. Have a great Wednesday!

Cranberry Morning said...

Love all the movies you mention in #1. And what a lovely thing to do for the nursing home residents. I spent lots of time visiting my dad in a nursing home a few times a week, reading to him and looking at maps with him. He and I shared a love for maps. :-)

Annsterw said...

I forgot all about the Greatest Showman!! I have that soundtrack on repeat on my PC!!! WOW! Annster's Domain

Mevely317 said...

Oh my word … Zhivago, Fiddler, Sound of Music are some of my all-time forever favorites! I've not seen The Greatest Showman yet … good, you say? Your hubby's comment about Dale Evans cracked me up! She, Roy, Trigger and Buttermilk were my heroes. :)

Pamela M. Steiner said...

You named some good movies. I'd like to watch Dr. Zhivago again and Fiddler on the roof, and of course The Sound of Music!! Cary Grant is my favorite old time movie star, and Gregory Peck. Gregory Peck reminds me of my maternal grandfather...same rich, deep voice and good looks! (When they were young). They just don't have good actors or movies like they used to...

Stacy said...

I didn't think of it, but I do like Fiddler on the Roof. Sunrise, Sunset was one of the songs sung during our wedding...also One Hand, One Heart from West Side Story.

Lori said...

I love the Easter gifts you all put together! The people will love them!
I loved The Greatest Showman! Loved your answers! Have a nice Wednesday!

https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

Terri D said...

That's a great picture of your kiddos! I know you will have a great time. The Easter bags for nursing homes is such a great project! Thanks for joining the Medley! It has been fun comparing answers with everyone and finding how similar we all think!

Jill said...

Love all your answers and Gone with the Wind is still one of my favorite movies. :-) Hope you are having a wonderful week!

Many blessings,
Jill

Chatty Crone said...

Beautiful family. Can you believe I got low-lights in my hair today - dark brown and a little mahogany - something different. Love the sound of music. The first movie I saw with my brother was called The Blog for 25¢. Have you ever seen Gone With the Wind on a big screen - they do it here and it is awesome. Loved your answers today.

Anonymous said...

Hey everyone!
Today I come to you with so much excitement!
I have been married & barren for 5years i had no child. i have never been pregnant i was a subject of laughter from my Friends & neighbors, i almost lost my marriage because of this issue . i was so confused that i did not know what to do until i came across this great Dr Ahmed online and i contacted him at once i was scared weather it was going to work because i never believed things like this before, so i decided to give it a try and i did all what Dr Ahmed asked of me and today to my greatest surprise i took in the first time and i gave birth to a bouncing baby boy and now my marriage that was about crashing before is now restored. my husband now love and want me better, Am so happy for everything that have been happening my life since i met this Dr Ahmed.
I want to tell all the women out there who have a similar situation like that the world is not over YET they should dry up their tears and contact this great man and their problem will be gone or are you also having other problems you can also contact Dr Ahmed, here is how you can contact him Ahmedutimate@gmail.com or Contact him via his whats-app number +2348160153829.
Thanks