On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Strawberry Fields Wednesday Medley

Sitting in a strawberry patch, picking and eating as I try to fill a basket sounds like a delightful thing to do on a warm (not hot) summer day. Terri has come up with another great Medley for us, so all of you know the routine! Go get the questions here, answer, post and link up on her blog!

1.  Given all that information on this National Strawberry Day, do you have a favorite recipe for strawberries? 
I like them dipped in dark chocolate, but only ever did that myself once for a baby shower. Yummy. The other would be trifle … or maybe strawberry shortcake!
Would you share it with us? Here is a link to the recipe. https://celebratingsweets.com/berries-and-cream-trifle/

Many years ago, we loved a strawberry cake that I made several times. Hmmmm. Will have to look for that.
2.  Some people think the smaller, northern varieties are sweeter than the larger berries that grow in the south and in California.  What are your thoughts on that? 
I never thought about it. I do love a sweet strawberry and now that I think about it, I have noticed the small ones usually taste better. 
3.  There is a Strawberry Festival right here in Plant City, Florida (next town over from Lakeland) and it is a huge event that lasts 11 days with headliner acts each day.  Have you ever been to a Strawberry Festival? No
4.  Strawberries are grown in every US state.  Have you ever grown them in your garden? 
Not on purpose. However, we had wild strawberry vines growing in our flower bed at our old house. Our neighbor had a bird feeder between our houses and the birds were always there and needless to say, they left their deposits, which resulted in the strawberry vines. 

5.  Strawberry is the only fruit that has seeds on the outside, and technically it is not a berry but rather a fruit, and would you be surprised to learn that strawberries belong to the rose family?  Do you have any strawberry trivia to share with us?
Not really. The last time I watched the BBC production of Emma, the strawberries they picked at Mr. Knightley’s were beautiful and left me craving a juicy strawberry. I also had a favorite dark blue skirt with strawberry print and a red top with a 🍓 on it! I really enjoyed wearing that back in the 80’s!
6.  Tell us something random about your week!! 
It is a fairly routine kind of week with Bible studies, grocery shopping, etc. I have been invited to join a book club and wondering whether I really need to make another commitment. Having never belonged to a book club before, I’m not sure I want to commit to reading 📚 that I didn’t choose. 

12 comments:

Karen said...

The June strawberry festival here is a treat.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Emma is one of my favorite movies! I love all of the Jane Austin books and movies but I think this one is my fav. It's great to have Florida strawberries in the stores right now! Enjoy your day! Hugs!

Annsterw said...

Oh that trifle looks delish! YUMMY! Have a great day Nonnie! Annster's Domain

Elizabeth "Libby" Day said...

I was a member of a book club once but my life was much too busy to commit to reading books I had a hard time getting into or just didn't enjoy. I enjoyed hearing the reviews and speakers, but I just wasn't a good member. You will know what to do.

NanaDiana said...

I think the small ones taste better~ lol
I wish I had time to join a book club..but life is too busy right now. I hear you on making a commitment to something that takes more time from an already busy schedule. xo Diana

Debby Ray said...

Strawberries must have been a "thing" back in day when it comes to prints. I made myself a smock top that was navy blue with pink and red strawberries on it. My DIL makes a strawberry cake to die for...SO GOOD!

Jodi said...

That trifle looks delish!!! Have a great day!

Becki said...

That trifle looks wonderful! I used to make chocolate covered strawberries sometimes - with dark chocolate is the very best.

Chatty Crone said...

I am so glad to see you here.

I love strawberries - dipped in chocolate or plain.

My daughter has a recipe for a strawberry cake and frosting and it is the best in the entire world.

A hint - wash and look at those strawberries before eating!

Terri D said...

Thanks for joining the Medley today! A couple of folks have mentioned fresh strawberry cake and now I want to look for a recipe! Yum!!

Lori said...

I have this small area in my back yard that is concreted around. I really should make it into a little strawberry patch. I am going to think about that. I was thinking about some flowers, but my son might like growing some berries and we would all enjoy eating them. hmmm
Loved your answers! Have a nice week.

https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

Pamela M. Steiner said...

I'm wanting some good strawberries now...I may have to go buy some tomorrow. They are pretty prolific around here right now, from Plant City, near where Terri is from. I've never tried to grow any myself...well, I take that back...a house we had in Georgia had strawberries growing in the back yard...I didn't plant them...they were there when we moved there...and we did get a few, but I didn't have time to keep them going. I really don't do gardens very well... Your 80's strawberry outfit sounds cute...