On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Wednesday Medley ... Cheesy Doin's




1.  National Cheese Day is Tuesday, rather than Wednesday, but I think we should celebrate cheese this week!!  Let's start by sharing your favorite cheese with us.  Which one is always in your fridge? 
Cheddar, Swiss, Parmesan, mozzarella.
2.  What is your preference? Mild, Sharp, or Extra Sharp?  Sharp cheddar
How do you use cheese most often? 
Usually in pasta recipes, grilled cheese, scrambled eggs or cheeseburgers. 
3.  Cheesecake?  New York style or what other flavors would you rather have? 
New York style is what I make once a year at our son’s request for his birthday. One for him and one for him to take to the fire station. I make blueberry sauce for topping. 
4.  When you do grilled cheese sandwiches, which cheese do you prefer to use and what condiments do you use, if any? 
American or cheddar. I use butter for the outside of the bread and only cheese in the sandwich. That used to be the thing the grandsons always requested at my house. I found a recipe on Pinterest for peanut butter and jelly grilled sandwiches. Yummy! Nobody else thinks so. 
5.  Number 5 on June 5th... Say happy birthday to my sister, Tammy!! 
Happy birthday, Tammy. May your day be blessed with every good thing. 
6.  Share something with us about your week. If it includes using cheese in a recipe, please also share that with us too!! 
I have been somewhat under the weather, so it has been fairly quiet around here. I fixed DH a cheeseburger, baked beans and baked fries last night. I’ve also gotten caught up in a book series while not feeling well and am now on book 6! 
The only excitement I guess was the snake that managed to slip in our house somehow! Again, I just "happened" to be downstairs doing a few things when I saw the thing in the breakfast area headed for the kitchen. DH was outside and as I ran to the garage for the snake tongs, I began to scream, "JAY"!! over and over until he FINALLY heard me. Handed him the tongs and after a few tries, he got the thing. I opened the back door, grabbed the tongs and ran like I haven't ran in a very long time to sling that snake over the fence. Thank You, Lord, that I saw the thing, that we caught him, that I made it through the back yard, and didn't lose him on the way, although it came very close to slipping out of the grip. 
I saw this on the storage marquis this week. 







One of my very favorite episodes of Everybody Loves Raymond has to do with cheese and is called The Suitcase. The situation is a suitcase on the stair landing and both Raymond and Deborah are expecting the other to put it away after returning home tired from a weekend getaway. Thinking he found a way to force the issue, Ray put a hunk of cheese in the side of the suitcase.



9 comments:

Stacy said...

Oh dear heavens...I would still be freaking out (and quite possibly packing up to move!) had I found a snake in my house. I DO NOT DO SNAKES!! LOL

I hope you are feeling better and continue to be healthy. Have a blessed day!

Schotzy said...

Yikes, a snake in the house.. you actually have designated tongs for snakes. YIKES, YIkes, Yikes, NO way could I have carried a snake on a tong anywhere.

Debby Ray said...

So sorry you have been under the weather...hope you are feeling better soon! Love the meme about grated cheese...LOL and Everybody Loves Raymond has been a favorite for a long time...I remember this episode...such a great cast!

Mevely317 said...

Seriously, you had a snake IN the house? I don't know what snake tongs are, but I'd be tempted to grab a gas can and set the whole place on fire. Off-hand I can't think of anything I fear more!

I tried making a peanut-butter omelet once (epic fail), but would sure line up for your grilled PB/jelly. Yum!

Lori said...

Oh my word! A snake in the house would scare me to death! I hate those things. I am glad you got it out!
I hope you feel all better very soon. Sending prayers! Loved your answers! Have a nice week!

https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

Pamela M. Steiner said...

I am sorry to hear you have been under the weather. I hope you are feeling better and that it wasn't anything serious. That snake story is quite the story! Wow!!! Nothing worse than a snake in the house, or a lizard, or a mouse, or some other wild thing that we can't get a hold of. So glad your story has a good ending, at least for you. And that you didn't have to kill the snake. I assume he was "a good snake"...? Of course, NO snake is "good" if it is in the house!! LOL. Would love to have seen a video of that episode. Wow. Please take care and feel better. Saying a little prayer for you.

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

I'm afraid I would have to move if a snake got in our house. I can't think of anything much scarier. Do hope you will be good as new soon!

Terri D said...

Everyone Loves Raymond is always so funny! Thanks for thinking of that episode! And thanks for joining the cheesy Medley today!! It seems we all love cheese in one way or another!

Chatty Crone said...

I love peanut butter and jelly - never had it frilled. I like the cheesy jokes. I remember that show with the cheese in Everyone Loves Raymond - that show was so funny. I love all kinds of cheese myself. Hey what kind of snake was it - was it poisonous? Thank God you saw it and you got it out of there!