On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Wednesday Medley

National Pie Day seems a good time to join Wednesday Medley with Terri! Get the questions here and join in!





National Pie Day is celebrated annually on January 23rd. (Not to be confused with March 14 which is PI π Day.) 
National Pie Day was created simply to celebrate the pie.  It is a day for all to bake or cook their favorite pies.  Even more importantly, it is a day set aside for all to enjoy eating pies!
The first pies appeared around 9500 BC in the Egyptian Neolithic period or New Stone Age.

1.  Okay, fess up.  Tell us your top three favorite pies, please.  Will you have some pie today?
Coconut cream, chocolate and pecan. 




2.  While we are talking about food... are you a picky eater or are you ready to try almost any new food?  
I was picky growing up, but when I reached my teens, I discovered all I had been missing out on all those years. What is the worst thing you have ever eaten? Gee, I know I’ve eaten some bad things, but I can’t think now the worst thing. I will say we ate something this weekend that brought us down for the last couple of days. It tasted all right when we ate it, but somehow we ended up with food poisoning. So that’s the worst thing I’ve eaten lately. (I think it was the potato salad and it’s going to be a while before I can eat it again ... one of my favorites!)
3.  Baking could be considered an art as could cooking.  How do you define art? 
Something pleasing to look at. And since beauty is in the eye of the beholder, it would be different for everybody. I love landscapes and paintings I can look at and wish I were there. I like art I can understand. A sunset, sunrise, the mountains, waterfalls. 
And I love the artwork the children make for me. 

Many of my friends have a great knack for decorating or dressing. Wouldn't that too be considered an art? 
4.  Tell us a really stupid joke that made you laugh, please.
Q: What happened when the butcher backed into his meat grinder?
A: He got a little behind in his work.
5.  January 23rd is also National Handwriting Day. Do you have nice handwriting? Did cursive writing come naturally or did you practice in those double-lined practice books until your fingers hurt?
We drew circles over and over again. Move your whole arm as you write, the teacher said. I developed my own style of writing and did get a penmanship award. People tell me I have very nice handwriting and our daughter asked me to address her wedding invitations. My hands won’t cooperate that much these days.  
6.  Tell us something random about your week.
We went to visit our nephew to celebrate our great niece Londyn’s first birthday. We had a wonderful time. 


Londyn with Mommy

Daddy and Hunter provide entertainment

Brother Lincoln "stole" the barn with horses and never let them out of his sight!
He took them to church the next day and on to the restaurant. So cute!

Two cuties!
Happy Birthday, Londyn!

We have been homebound since the weekend due to this nasty bug and I still feel weak and am wondering if I will ever get caught up with things. Today we are going to breakfast with DH's buddies and I will be getting a haircut later. We also plan to visit Norma’s Cafe today for a slice of pie! It’s free! And we love Norma's! And here's hoping my tummy is ready for it!




13 comments:

Mevely317 said...

Oh, noooo! I've never had the misfortune of (having) food poisoning, but sure feel for you! I once ate too many cherries and became soooo sick -- nearly 60 years later, I still won't eat one!
Your grand-nieces and nephew are adorable … I love their names!

Visits With Mary said...

Pictures from my grandchildren are the best art of all. Happy Birthday to Londyn, looks like she had a great party!

Pamela M. Steiner said...

So sorry you haven't been feeling well, you and hubby both. I do hope it will go away quickly and that you were able to go have some pie today. Love the pictures of the children at the birthday party. They are so precious. What fun to have them nearby. Please take care and stay well. Be sure to tell us if you did have pie today!! I'm not having any...but I'm wishing I was now...

Chatty Crone said...

I like two of the pies you like, but hate coconut! lol
I think I was like you - picky when young and better now.
I love the picture of the lady reading in the blue dress.
I think handwriting is going away - kids hardly write anymore. Andy doesn't even use pencils at school anymore!
Well your little Londyn is adorable!
Love, sandie

Annsterw said...

That looks like the greatest entertainment ever! Such adorable pictures!!!

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Oh, my! My husband had food poisoning last summer due to some under cooked chicken and he was sooooo sick He was about a week recovering. It was awful!!!

Your joke was one of the best! So cute!

Lori said...

Oh no! So sorry to hear you have the tummy bug! That is the worst! I enjoyed your answers! Happy Wednesday!

https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

Cranberry Morning said...

Those little ones sure are cities!! And I laughed at the joke. My grandkids will love that one! Sorry about the food paining. That is wretched! I pretty much don't trust anyone else's deviled eggs or salads with mayo. And I also like at I can understand: the great masters, for example.

Stacy said...

Oh my, I'm glad you're feeling better! Food poisoning is awful stuff.
Those kiddos are adorable and it looks like you all had a wonderful time.
That joke...."a little behind in his work" Bahahahahahaha!

Terri D said...

I'm glad you are feeling better and hope you got that free piece of pie on Pie Day!! Thanks so much for joining in today!! Loved your answers!

Wanda said...

I think Coconut cream might be my favorite cream pie. Alltime favorite is boysen berry. Loved your pictures of family. Hope you are over your nasty bug.

Jill said...

Great post and pictures :-) Hope your week is off to a great start!

Blessings,
Jill

Zaa said...

I love coconut cream pie but am on a new eating regime so must only dream of eating pie..lots of it ( Ha ha)/... your birthday pictures of the children were so enjoyable ..but my favourite is the children’s artwork...It’s so precious.. and such a wonderful keepsake... Thanks for sharing and take care of yourselves... Hugs