On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Wednesday, January 30, 2019

A Positive Wednesday Medley

Here is a medley of questions from Terri, our Friend from Florida. You may choose to answer on your Wednesday blog. There aren't any rules and there is no obligation. Link up if you want to. I'm enjoying this and it is helping me to join other bloggers at least once a week and I invite you to join in, too!! Right here is the place to get your questions!



NATIONAL CROISSANT DAY

Well, I do agree with your statement that you love croissants when they are fresh, but day-old croissants need to be turned into a donut. I happen to really like all the croissants offered at the le Madeleine and that sounds like a good place to have breakfast this Wednesday. So... how do you like your croissants? What is your favorite way to eat them? 

A plain fresh croissant, alongside an omelet or scrambled eggs and bacon are good, but a fresh croissant with dark chocolate or an almond filling is just heavenly!

2. Speaking of food... How do you handle stress? 

Speaking of food? It would be chocolate. 

3. Out of the negative emotions of greed, anger, jealousy, and hate, which one would you say affects you the most? 

Anger is probably one I feel most these days. We are living in a time of angry and hateful people bent on destroying others. I am so sad with the direction our country is going, especially when I see that efforts are being made to tend to problems, but there seems to be an agenda adding to the problems and leading us to a path of destruction. I feel helpless because I wish I could do something about the problems and the people who are causing them and creating even more problems for our children. The callous abortion ruling and and ... well, I could go on and on, but I will stop here. 


4. Out of the positive emotions of compassion, positivity, enthusiasm, and initiative, which one is your biggest strength? 

I still remain positive knowing that God is in control and my faith in Him will bring the peace to sustain us through good and bad. 





5. What do you get every time you go grocery shopping, other than the staples such as bread, milk, butter, flour, sugar... 

orange juice and bottled water. They are staples at our house.

6. Please tell us something random about your week so far.

Jack was over this last Saturday and Sunday. He’s such a sweet and fun boy! I noticed many little things about him such as picking up litter left by others in the parking lot and trashing it. He returned a cart someone left in a parking space, he holds the door open for me and others. We went to the park so he could ride his hover-board and he offered to let someone else try it, which made me a little nervous. (You can fall on those things!) 

I laughed embarrassingly when he and DH came out of the men’s restroom at church and Jack said, “Grandpa, you forgot to wash your hands!” He made him go back in to do that. Poor Grandpa. He can’t remember so many things these days. I loved when Jack told us the Bible story they talked about in church and he repeated his memory verse. All our grandkids are honor roll kids at school and good students. It is so pleasing to watch them as they grow up. Hard to believe the sweet baby I carried upstairs and around the house is now able to carry a case of water upstairs for me.




Showing off his skill. He can really move on this thing and even go uphill!
Problem right here is there are some big cracks in this stretch of sidewalk and you
remember that old proverb, "step on a crack?"

Roll over the crack and fall down. 
This is the view when Nonnie bends over to help you
with the phone still on!



10 comments:

Preppy Empty Nester said...

It seems that sweet Jack is the light of your life. I bet he loves spending time with you two. Enjoy your week!

Cranberry Morning said...

Regarding the abortion ruling, we need to pray for the Church, that she will be the Church and hold truth up to power. I'm convinced that if people actually had to witness that abortion up to the time of birth!!! they would not be smiling, but would be vomiting at the sight of what they've done! Newborns better cling tightly to their mamas. There's no reason to think they might not be next.

Lori said...

Awww, Jack is so cute!!! I bet you have the best time with him. Loved your answers! Have a great day!

https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

Visits With Mary said...

Jack is such a polite boy, he's being taught well. Enjoyed reading all about him.

NanaDiana said...

What a sweet kid. It sounds like all your grandkids are doing well. What a blessing!
My 4 year old grandon called it is weinis (combo of penis and weiner). I asked him if he washed his hands when he came out of the bathroom. He said he didn't have to because the seat was up so he didn't have to touch it and "the rule is"-if you don't touch your weinis you don't have to wash your hands! lol So -there you go!

Have a wonderful night- xo Diana

Terri D said...

What a dear sweet young man your Jack is!! Thank you for joining the Medley today!! I really enjoyed your answers and have to admit that a chocolate filled croissant from Panera Bread is a favorite of mine! Yum!!

Chatty Crone said...

Hello girlfriend. Seems you have have missing in action.
I like croissants - but I like chocolate in mine. I totally agree with you - the abortion ruling - is just one of the things that is killing my heart. So sad - the devil is alive and well. Have you ever tried Bai drinks - the Panama Peach - it is out of this world. Love, sandie

Jodi said...

What a cute grandson you have! I giggled with the "grandpa you forgot to wash your hands". Have a great day!

Pamela M. Steiner said...

What a precious grandson! You so blessed to have him nearby and to get to watch him grow up to be such a thoughtful, sweet young man! And if he can already carry a case of water, he must be very strong indeed!! Wow. John and I both take an end of the case and carry it in together! That can be tricky sometimes, especially going up the porch steps! LOL. Love your sideways picture helping Jack get back up!! That was cute. Hope he wasn't hurt. Yes, our country is in sad shape, and we, who are called by God's Name, must humble ourselves and PRAY...It seems as though every day we see something else that to me is a sign that Jesus is coming soon. Praying still for so many who are lost, but again, these are the signs of the times...May God have mercy on us, and may He stop the evil that is growing by leaps and bounds. God bless you, dear friend. Praying you have a blessed day today.

Allstarme79 said...

I totally agree that there's something awry in this country. It sucks and I just try to live my life best I can.