On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Wednesday Medley

Wednesday Medley.

1. October 3rd is National Boyfriend Day. Ladies, who was your first boyfriend?

His name was Doyle Gene and we were 5 years old. He was my boyfriend who turned out to be rat when he threw a rock at me and hit me in the head. My first boyfriend was named Mike and I thought he was wonderful. We dated and he gave me his class ring. His mother didn't like that and insisted I give it back. So glad nothing came of it because I think he turned out to be a loser.

2. Who was your first celebrity crush?

I don't think I really ever had a crush on any celebrity. I really liked Elvis, but didn't really have a crush on him. I actually wrote him a letter once, but never mailed it because his song Crying in the Chapel touched my heart so. On second thought though, I remember little shivers of excitement watching Ricky Nelson sing on Ozzie and Harriet!!! Lol!!!


3. What is the strangest thing you’ve ever eaten? Fried rattlesnake.

4. What famous artist, dead or alive, would you want to paint your portrait? William Adolph Bouguereau. I love this painting.

credit
5. What Are You Most Likely To Stay Up All Night Talking About?

I think my friends and I could stay up all night (if we could stay up, that is) sharing experiences of the things we've been through and how God saw us through them. Also throw in some political discussions, grandchildren, and health issues!

6. The new Fall season has begun on TV. Which show are you most looking forward to seeing?

Poldark and Call the Midwife.

Thank you, Terri!!

6 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

You started young with ole Doyle there girl. I liked Ricky Nelson too. I have never and will never eat fried rattlesnake. I did once eat creamed octopus and had no idea what it was - except fish (I thought it was mashed potatoes) and got sick. Those conversations and experiences of God and family are the things we live for. I am or have started to watch A Million Little Things and Dance With the Stars. Love, sandie

Mevely317 said...

Oh that little rat fink, Doyle Gene. Sorry, I laughed out loud. (Do you know whatever happened to him?)
I'm not familiar with that artist, but this picture is wonderful. Such a winsome expression … my goodness!

Terri D said...

We love Poldark and Midwife too!! Yes to Ricky Nelson. He was SO cute!! Thanks for joining in on the Medley!!

Annsterw said...

WOW! You sure started early with the boys ;-)
I cannot even fathom trying rattlesnake. I would lose a lot of weight if I were stranded in the jungle and had to survive on nature - LOL!

Pamela M. Steiner said...

I liked my next door neighbor "Mike" in first grade, and from there it was someone different every year. LOL Finally married my sweetie John 49 years ago, and still going strong. Love that artist you showed...that is a beautiful painting. Wow. I remember Ricky Nelson too. He was a cutie. Never had rattlesnake. I've had frog legs, moose, and bear, however.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Enjoyed reading your answers. I love Call the Midwife. Enjoy your weekend.